Critical Bug Report: In Standard league, Vaal Portal Madness

About 1hr ago, from this post. I was in the "Riverways" (Merciless) and came across a Vaal Portal titled "Deadly Mystical Clearing of Frenzy" ~ Mods on the tag are

* 11% Increase Monster Damage

* Monsters gain 1 Frenzy charge every 20 seconds (more like every 20 nano seconds!)

* Area Yields 25% More Items

* Corrupted

Within resided what could only be described as 'King Kong' ~ a Corrupted Gorilla that was had the "Soul Eater" mod, along with Armoured, Extra life, Life Regen, Elemental Resistant, Chaos Resistant. The character I was playing was my "Walkurjanna" whom features Wild Strike, with an APS of roughly 80% and move speed of roughly 50%.

King Kong quickly became full sized, he could not be attacked directly as a single attempted and one learns that smashing all your pots in a heartbeat, barely keeps you alive enough to leap out of the fray. The battle that ensued, lasted roughly 8 real-time minutes (I use my clock in game). Eventually, I did kill it (I believe), in fact it was without HPs for roughly 40 seconds before my client crashed to the Loggin screen.

The way I achieved this was purely because of Wild Strikes projectile chaining nature through King Kongs constantly spawning minions! King Kong, was roughly 3x my attack speed with comparable movement speed. These minions spawned positively GLOWING with power, frenzy and endurance charges; not 1 every 20 seconds. They resembled Willo-whisps more than ghostly blood apes, put it that way.

Attempting to re-enter the Vaal Portal, netted the same result, many times until I decided to call for a mod in Global chat. Otherwise engaged no doubt, a player whom existed since beta took it upon him/her self to assist me. The player come to see and also attempted to enter and instantly was crashed to login screen as well. This person may post to confirm.

In the end, impressive and awesome monster and challenging, one has to think quick, but after ending such and epic fight to be locked out felt very much like sour grapes! (j/k) ;)

Anyway. I thought you should know, that maybe this fellow is a little bit too OP, even for Path of Exile client ;)

All the best, keep up the good work, I am loving it and inspired by it as a gamer! :D

One minor suggestion whilst I have your attentions. :) Not everyone plays with their faces less than a nose hair from the monitor. I play on my TV, maybe look at the hit boxes because the UX needs a little attention for us on the couch. I understand they are going to be smaller than the graphic but its a little too small and translates into a lot of work to keep the pointer on the enemies.

All the best! :)
Last edited by Paladinrja on Nov 15, 2015, 4:26:48 AM
The crashes probably were caused by too much on the screen at once. The guy that came to help would have all the previous skill effects go off at once when he entered.

As far as the monster being OP, that's how Soul Eaters get when you give them souls. Much easier if you single target those giys and not keep killing the adds.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I get this, thats not what happened though. It was almost instantly at full power on encountering it and I killed it. It wasn't til I killed it that the crash happened and locked me out of the portal. The person whom came to take a look also said the same thing about number of corpses and items on its death just having tipped the scales and causes the crash. The vaal portal had a very large item drop incease and rarity. It wasn't a large area and didn't have very much of the usual white packs in it to begin with, I think there was only one pack of maybe 10 whites and nothing else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info