Agate/Citrine/Turquoise Amulets off Vendors

I don't know if i'm just having terrible rng lately, or going crazy, or what. AFAIK these (level 16) amulets should be able to appear on Yeena starting from Level 15. In the last 5-10 races i've checked quite often and have never ever seen any of them on her until i check after the race at level 20+.

Have they artificially blocked it from selling until level 20 or something? Or am i just having bad rng?
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
I don't know if i'm just having terrible rng lately, or going crazy, or what. AFAIK these (level 16) amulets should be able to appear on Yeena starting from Level 15. In the last 5-10 races i've checked quite often and have never ever seen any of them on her until i check after the race at level 20+.

Have they artificially blocked it from selling until level 20 or something? Or am i just having bad rng?

deal with it #zenocidegenius
"
janimauk wrote:

rofl, if that reference is to what i think it is, you are a fuckin master. :D Well, we already knew that.

I think i've figured it out. Once you enter act 3 and ding, they become available on the act 2 vendor. Wild. Or more likely, they become available at character lvl 19. >

When those amulets were introduced, they had requirement lvl 20. I have a feeling there's a bit of buggy/old code causing it to treat them that way for vendor purchase purposes.
Last edited by unsane on Nov 15, 2015, 3:15:37 PM
By golly you might be on to something.

As Duelist, I usually check for a lapis after fidelitas, and if there isn't one (which is about 97% of the time because FUCK ME), I check again after weaver and/or the bandits. I know that I always WANT to buy an Agate in the latter situation (when I'm pretty much always lvl 16 or higher) but I can't remember ever getting one!

I'll make a point of checking this extra-carefully in the next few races. (Or maybe GGG could just check it out and fix if necessary...?)
I've noticed a similar problem with Heavy and Leather Belts. They have required level 8, but are only available at char level 9 (+1), which is absurd. They should be available at 7 (-1).

Reminds me of another oddity. Sapphire/Topaz/Ruby Rings have req lvl 11, yet they start being seen for sale at character level 9(-2).* It seems like vendor sell levels are all hard coded, not tied to the item's actual requirement level. Someone at GGG changed the req level of an item? Well too bad if they forgot to adjust the vendors as well.

AFAIK originally the general formula for vendors was that given an item's rlvl (say Poleaxe req lvl 18), it becomes available for purchase if your character level is rlvl -1 (you are 17). Capped by the max level the vendor can have for that act and difficulty (it wouldn't be purchaseable from Act 1 vendor, whose cap is item level 15). Point being you could pick up something you'll need next level. There was at least one exception though, Driftwood Mauls only appear from level 2 on (+1).

Clearly GGG needs to have a once-over on all the req level vs char level vendor values. Make just about everything -1 across the board, the way it used to be and seemed intended.

Available@Char level/Req level/Old Req level:

19?/16/20 Agate/Citrine/Turquoise Amulet (make it available at char level 15)
9/11/11 Ruby/Sapphire/Topaz Ring (fine as is*)
9/8/8 Leather Belt, Heavy Belt (make it available at char level 7)

* It's weird/interesting that they seem to have changed resist rings to be purchaseable 2 levels in advance, which is good, but what also needs to happen is for its req level to be reduced. That's a separate issue for another thread though.
Last edited by unsane on Nov 16, 2015, 4:01:45 AM
"
janimauk wrote:
"
unsane wrote:

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info