Curse on hit issues

hello all. i am summoner that only uses 1 attack Arc and i have 6 linked arc-spell echo-added lightning dmg-innervate-mana leech-life leech... my issues is that i have been trying to add curse named conductivity to further boost my dmg i deal myself.. i cant really break my combo i have n arc so i have been trying to connect it to totem(Arc-spell totem-curse on hit-conductivity) and it wont work... it fires arc but curse wont work... then i tried using herald of lightning... it even says that applies curses on hit on top of herald... anyway everything else works, it will apply curse if i do normal hit... but not if i do spell... and on herald it literally says it effects into attacks and spells... so anyone have any idea how i can get it working and why it doesn't work
For the herald you need to trigger the secondary effect, which is unlikely with a summoner build (very low chance to shock, and very unlikely to kill the shocked target yourself).

For the other part, can't you just use self casting? it's fast enough if you have a bit of faster casting.

And on a side note, how do you find room for 6L arc in a summoner build?
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
6 link chest..... also then why does herald make curse apply with normal hit it boosts but not with spell.... that thing drops me.... i noticed that bolt will curse so it works.... but since it boosts attacks and spells... why curse works with attacks but not with spells
Last edited by Y2Fight on Nov 9, 2015, 7:56:17 AM
"
Y2Fight wrote:
also then why does herald make curse apply with normal hit it boosts

No, herald just adds damage to other skills, it gives them nothing else. It can apply curses but it needs to hit enemies with its special effect, bolts in case of HoT, freeze explosion for HoI and HoA can't apply curses on hit because it doesn't hit.

Totems, traps and mines can't apply curses on hit, you need to do it directly.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Replace the totem with another arc that you're probably already leveling and use the second arc to apply the curses. Only really useful if you are applying more than one curse at a time though. If you're just doing one curse, do it manually. Even if it worked with a totem it wouldn't make sense. The time it takes to place the totem could be used just to cast the curse. The totem only lasts 8 seconds anyway and doesn't move with you, so you'd be casting it as often as you would just to cast the curse. Use increased AoE and it covers the whole screen with one cast. Throw in Increased Duration of th monsters live long enough for the curse to wear off.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
This thread made me think of something interesting. Wouldnt curse on hit become useless with the upcoming conversion gem?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
This thread made me think of something interesting. Wouldnt curse on hit become useless with the upcoming conversion gem?
Not if you want to use your mana for other heralds/auras.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Not if you want to use your mana for other heralds/auras.

Or if HoT gives you more range and you want to apply multiple curses. I suppose it depends on base radius of curse auras, if it's too low it might end up reserved for melee or short range casters, not sure I'd stick my summoner's nose where it doesn't belong if I can curse from afar.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info