Feeling stalled out at lvl 89

Here's the situation:
I *slowly* progressed from low 80s to 89... And I'm feeling stuck. I can clear content (my tier range is tiers 7-10, with an occasional 11), and probably could slowly lvl up to 90+ (which I plan on doing), but all I really want to do is upgrade my bow.

I'm saving up to 6L my chest piece so that I can find a reasonable Harbinger Bow with some +crit% and IAS and phys damage... but, for me, this goal is pretty far from reach. I have a couple hundred+ fusings saved up, 1 exalted orb, and a handful of divine orbs. (I also have lots and lots of alterations and ~80 regals with a couple dozen chaos.) I have some trades, but I haven't had much luck trading in this game thus far...

Should my goals be different? The grind to lvl 90 isn't terrible, but I've been noobing out a lot recently, so I've lost lots of exp and am feeling a bit bummed out about it. (In the meantime, I'm leveling up some gems so that I can 20Q my Cast on Crit and 20Q my Arctic Breath and my Ethereal Knives.)

Here's the tree.

Here's the equipment:
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Just an idea: How about 4-linking that chest for some zombies as distraction?
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
What kind of build is that? You are specced completely for phys bow, but use CoC?

Remove CoC setup and put PPAD, Added fire, WED or Incr. crit strikes / damage, instead. In Rampage I levelled to 91 with a 5L Lioneyes glare, so you shouldn’t have much problems with that 6L thicket.

Also, having just 1 socket in your chest is such a waste of potential. At least 5-socket it, so you can level up additional 4 gems.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Nov 8, 2015, 4:25:39 PM
Honestly, your skill tree and your skill setup differ a lot.

1st: GMP + EK on CoC is a bad idea. If I was using bow CoC I would probably run fireball + arctic breath.
->That said, you shouldn't play CoC with a 5% base crit bow, esp with a phys crit tree like that.

2nd: A better bow would look something like this:

Bought for 1 ex. You'll feel such a huge difference with 8%+ base crit vs 5%.

For a phys crit TS I recommend TS + GMP + Faster Attacks + Physical Proj dmg + crit multi + (choice 6th gem)

3rd: Get some sockets on your chest, and swap your auras for Hatred + Herald of Ash. You'll like the damage increase a lot.

4th: I'd drop Devoto's for a good evasion helm or Rat's Nest.

Finally, if you actually want to play CoC with a bow, this would most likely be a much better tree (life nodes dropped for jewel nodes with life and more stats in a few places)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Yes your goals should be different. This game is not meant to be played this way. You normally need to restart a few new characters to stall enough currencies and maps to push one character to level 100.

Time to play a new build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info