Question About Immortal Call + CWDT

I see many people use Cast when Damage Taken --> Immortal Call---> Increased Duration when they have no way of gaining endurance charges for immortal to work... Anyone know why?
I see its in this build here and see many hardcore players do this as well
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1396265/page/1
WTB Map drops since 2013
IC has a base duration of 0,4 s, so you don't need any endurance charges, although having some would be good.
As far as I know, IC is not keyworded "Spell" anymore, so won't work with CwDT.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
It works very well (at least for some builds). Increased duration (best if it's 20q) makes IC just long enough to get out of trouble. Leveling IC makes it duration per endurance charge longer, so for not-STR oriented characters it's best to leave it at lvl 1.

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Nov 8, 2015, 4:01:23 AM
Since it no longer works with Enduring Cry, it's not as popular as it used to be. There are a lot of different combinations people use instead now, which in some ways is nice since it lets you personalize more (Wheras before CWDT-EC-IC was almost mandatory), but on the other hand having defensive setups nerfed never feels nice.

Immortal Call works best when you either generate Endurance Charges, or are often in the thick of things taking lots of little hits.

Other popular options are Ice Nova + Blind, *Skill of Choice* - CoH - 20/20 Curse (As the Curse is linked to the CoH, it's not limited by CWDT's level condition).

Some builds even allow you to make a longer than 3-4 chain CWDT, and you can get some insane defensive setups working.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info