[Theory] CoC Cyclone: EE with area ele spells

Hello. I've been thinking about builds I could run on the just-released 5-week league, and I stumbled upon the idea that an EE cyclone casting Flame Surge, Ice Nova, and Shock Nova might be functional.

So far I have this:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-ej-jzWS2L3-Crc-QYemV03jOuHyRZitKPqCx4MJwONLV_Gzb553B4cTnKTr7hzcuJPAZkVHMtE8Be98n98Es6IA8B8TcY9GpwhYrl6l7URZ88lnQXK8muWLna5-xxvx-dtxhXIPGjiQVScvNukabCSqFm_jasM6m7VfsMpKFr8PqySLYeImlVVLbWw2PWyMnapirLVIcFIqC_PqcNWJ013ygpuaO-w4OthXKUbXsULauYw2OyhuPWBDA5ZfBFh3kSsDddhNlKBodNpi5Y6dYyo4

The idea so far is to use a Staff with +3 level to gems, crit with cyclone and use area skills to synergise with area of effect nodes in the Templar area.

I'm a bit stumped on how to make this character at all. The tree above has only 167% max life, which makes me want to lean toward Vaal pact, which when critting with 4 skills should be powerful life sustain right? I also haven't thought about much beyond trying to proc Fortify, molten shell, immortal call, etc. for things that could protect me. Kaom's could be worth looking at.

The idea for nova skills rather than common ones like Arctic Breath or Lightning Ball is partly informed by making better use of AoE and also because this build will not have space for a GMP in its 6-link unless I drop life leech and Vaal pact.

All input welcome.
Last edited by FawltyPlay on Nov 2, 2015, 5:56:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info