poe account email address world wide visible

when streaming and entering the games' login page.

reported before, got no attention. hopefully the new and catchy title will get some.

there must be an option (checkbox) to mask/unmask the email adddress.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't believe this is a bug.

Also most streaming software that I know has the capability of creating a "splash screen" that you can bring up that will cover the screen when you want it to. You can even make a splash screen/icon that only covers the login info area of the game. This is all configurable in the streaming software you use.
You believe that to defeat an enemy who will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than "blood must have blood"?
"
ohaither wrote:
I don't believe this is a bug.

Also most streaming software that I know has the capability of creating a "splash screen" that you can bring up that will cover the screen when you want it to. You can even make a splash screen/icon that only covers the login info area of the game. This is all configurable in the streaming software you use.

no, it's not a bug. but it doesn't make sense having forum moderators desperately watching posts so players do not post their account details like email addresses) while leaving streamers open for attacks on their email accounts if they do not apply additional personal protection.
"
vio wrote:
no, it's not a bug. but it doesn't make sense having forum moderators desperately watching posts so players do not post their account details like email addresses) while leaving streamers open for attacks on their email accounts if they do not apply additional personal protection.

Path of Exile doesn't leave streamers open to attacks on their email accounts, streamers who don't use splash pages when inputting sensitive information leave themselves open to attacks on their email accounts. PoE has no control over your streaming habits.

A splash page is pretty standard practice, in fact I spend a lot of time watching streams and I have never once seen anyone input their emails or passwords without either using a splash page or switching the camera display/enlarging their face cam/full screening a different program.

You're reading too much into it, this is not a problem that PoE has caused or has any need to solve. Streamers have tools at their disposal designed exactly for that purpose.
You believe that to defeat an enemy who will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than "blood must have blood"?
it's the design of the client. I never streamed but if I did I would use the default settings provided by ggg and twitch and if these show my email address it's wrong.

the default settings should protect streamers email addresses.

all this "streamers can and streamers could" is void and worthless if I see streams and it's showing their email.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info