Connection Freeze at "Vendor Dialog" blocks all other controls...

While trying to sell or buy items at vendors, I must do it very fast, because if my connection freezes, I have to force-close/kill/restart the game because I cant access the "exit to login screen" option from the ESC dialog while there. Basically, I cant close vendor dialog and get stuck there, and so I can do nothing else. I cant either access the chat dialog to type "/debug".

"Normally", outside of vendor dialog, if the connection freezes, my best option is to re-login, as "exit to char selection" wont work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Clarifications: ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Connection Freeze: By "connection freeze", I mean that all monsters will stop moving, all effects will freeze, my connection graph that was varying will become a straight line.

poor connection: well.. such connection graph seems to be a poor connection, as other players say that such line means an stable connection but for me it means problems). And dont say I should get a better internet connection as this one is what I can pay for... it is not an option, not for me.

Game restart time: this complaint/bugReportThread is most terrible in a sense that it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to start the game on my machine, so I basically go do something else. If it was fast I wouldnt care so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Some more considerations: ~~~~~~~~~~~~
- I think ESC key could be some kind of bug proof way to users have more options to workaround.
- It could have some shortcut that exits directly to login screen that overrides everything else, to help us.
- Before interacting with vendors, What I do is identify and verify all items to not lose time there... may be we could have an option to use all available scrolls to identify every item on inventory (not stash tho).

--

Obs.: this post is related to this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1414042

PS.: I tried to search for "connection freeze" but it brought 126 pages of results, and of course I only looked at the 1st one...
Last edited by gussak on Oct 26, 2015, 4:39:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info