Totem Cast speed notes not working

"
Smaller issues:

Totem skills will display the speed of summoning the totem rather than the totem's cast speed, and the DPS display of totem skills will use the summoning speed rather than the totem's cast speed.

This is not true.
Flame totem tooltip on the char i used to test.

The dps clearly is what is expected from the numbers below it.

The "cast speed" on mousing over the flame totem in the skill bar bottom right is also the cast speed of the flame totem itself (0.09 cps) not the placement speed.

Also speccing in and out of placement speed notes doesnt change totem dps at all.

But to the point thats actually an issue:

All the notes on the Tree that say "Spells cast by Totems have x% increased cast speed" do nothing(according to the tooltip, and i'm inclined to believe it).

I noticed this at the start of Warbands league, back then i thought with that many ppl playing totem chars back then it would get fixed soon anyway so i was to lazy to report it and just didnt use those notes whenever possible.

But since its still the same now i guess i have to post it.

On another note i think there is also a problem with trap trow speed, my 20% vaal light trap shows the same throw speed as a 0%(maybe notes on the tree are bugged aswell, im not wasting more regrets then i already did to test it tho). But since the prolif nerf destroyed trappers who cares right :)

IGN: Volki
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"All the notes on the Tree that say "Spells cast by Totems have x% increased cast speed" do nothing(according to the tooltip, and i'm inclined to believe it)."

Well, don't. It's a known issue that Totem Cast/Attack Speed does not show up on the tooltip. It works just fine though. There's a whole bunch of threads on this issue. Being very difficult to fix, it's on the long-term fixing agenda.
I'm not sure whether Traps list their Throw speed? I think they just list activation speed just like Totems do (Traps still activate their Skill like any other entity does - Lightning Trap does benefit from Cast Speed, if only marginally).

I believe the note you quoted is from before the Placement Speed changeover. Prior to 2.0, Totem Placement Speed was affected by Cast Speed, and as such the listed activation time for Totems factored in Cast Speed and Placement Speed.
Alternatively, it's supposed to refer to Spell Totem specifically, which does show placement speed.
Either way, it's not 100% accurate. Tsk, GGG :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 26, 2015, 8:15:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info