Demigods for dead characters in top 20 in 1 Month leagues? What?!

i posted this in the new darkshrine league announcement thread

"
HeaT1 wrote:
is it possible for the hardcore league to not award demigods to dead players in the top 20?

i think that kind of defeats the purpose of competition in a hardcore league. for example if im rank 21 and alive and there are 7 dead players ahead of me, why should they be awarded demigods? seems nonsensical to me and surprised there hasnt been more discussion of this from hardcore players because currently it is the same way in the flashback league.

how is anyone who plays hardcore ok with this? i honestly didnt even know this was the case in the 1M flashback league until Shotanks pointed it out. i had to go back and re read the thread to confirm because i didnt believe him.

thoughts on this?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Oct 23, 2015, 2:50:27 PM
who cares about demis
"
Pam wrote:
who cares about demis

i like the idea behind a reward for x rank but lets say you remove the demi aspect, and what you care about is ranking, the same argument still applies right? i would still be ranked 21 instead of 14? or do i mentally subtract dead characters and have the personal satisfaction that im ranked 14th?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
since they introduced alt art demis for longer leagues + demis run for 3 seasons they have become worthless. at this point id just remove demis completely and find another way to reward top players.

implying winning demi even means youre good nowadays with dead competition
Last edited by janimauk on Oct 26, 2015, 7:50:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info