[2.0] Null's Inclination Bow/Summoner Build Guide

I have to mention this: You took the three 4% attack speed nodes in shadow start and would've gotten a much better return on investment had you taken the berserking cluster (18% attack speed). Both costing the same three passive points to invest in.
"
Astrom wrote:
I have to mention this: You took the three 4% attack speed nodes in shadow start and would've gotten a much better return on investment had you taken the berserking cluster (18% attack speed). Both costing the same three passive points to invest in.

Thanks, I'll fix this. This is the first bow build I ever played, I usually play summoners.
Hello there!
I've just reached level 80 in Darkshrine SC with this build and I can say that I'm impressed. However, there are a few things I've never liked from the start and I've decided to change them with good result: Thief's Torment and Split Arrow.
First, I started to use a specific jewel to fix mana problem: a Volleying Viridian Jewel of Absorbtion, which gives +8% bow attack speed and +2 mana on hit, two of these granted basically zero mana issues so far.
Regarding Split Arrow, I was never happy with the damage output this bow skill actually had, so I tried Tornado Shot, and it's AMAZING. With GMP, you can hit a single target with approximately 4-5 projectiles at a time and you fling a grand total of 15 arrows into the air for a great return in damage and mana. And not only that, when I will get my hands on a Drillneck, I will experience an additional 100% damage increase AND 100% pierce! Woosh! The Drillneck is not that great of a quiver on normal bow builds, but that's mostly because it doesn't help crits. We use RT so that's not an issue and there isn't any other quiver that would get us such a boost to damage.

Links on Tornado Shot: GMP, WED, Culling Strike, FA or Pierce if you have the Drillneck

Greetings,
Frozen Fire / The Elementalist
"
Hello there!
I've just reached level 80 in Darkshrine SC with this build and I can say that I'm impressed. However, there are a few things I've never liked from the start and I've decided to change them with good result: Thief's Torment and Split Arrow.
First, I started to use a specific jewel to fix mana problem: a Volleying Viridian Jewel of Absorbtion, which gives +8% bow attack speed and +2 mana on hit, two of these granted basically zero mana issues so far.
Regarding Split Arrow, I was never happy with the damage output this bow skill actually had, so I tried Tornado Shot, and it's AMAZING. With GMP, you can hit a single target with approximately 4-5 projectiles at a time and you fling a grand total of 15 arrows into the air for a great return in damage and mana. And not only that, when I will get my hands on a Drillneck, I will experience an additional 100% damage increase AND 100% pierce! Woosh! The Drillneck is not that great of a quiver on normal bow builds, but that's mostly because it doesn't help crits. We use RT so that's not an issue and there isn't any other quiver that would get us such a boost to damage.

Links on Tornado Shot: GMP, WED, Culling Strike, FA or Pierce if you have the Drillneck

Greetings,
Frozen Fire / The Elementalist

I'm at level 89 and with the extra skill points and jewel slots I also got a Volleying Viridian Jewel of Absorption. I couple that with two Elreon rings. I had to roll quite a few Elreons to get a proper setup.

theuberelite uses Tornado Shot, I personally don't like having to aim. Tornado Shot is also more effective as a single target skill.

I respec'd an old character into this build a few days before Talisman league. It was so much fun that I decided to try it again during Talisman. My second character for this league so I have money to gear it.

The reason for my post is to say I'm having a lot of issues right now.

1.) Split and Tornado Shot both feel very weak. Tornado shot does more damage and is better for single target of course but it's still horrible dps right now. Since I do so little damage it takes me a year to get any srs going.

2.) With my other character doing this build it was amazing. Lots of srs and lots of animated weapons. But I can hardly get any animated weapons.

Is there any solution/s for the dps and lack of animated weapon problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
can a bitch get her hat back
Last edited by MissApril on Dec 20, 2015, 5:27:23 AM
"
MissApril wrote:
The reason for my post is to say I'm having a lot of issues right now.

1.) Split and Tornado Shot both feel very weak. Tornado shot does more damage and is better for single target of course but it's still horrible dps right now. Since I do so little damage it takes me a year to get any srs going.

2.) With my other character doing this build it was amazing. Lots of srs and lots of animated weapons. But I can hardly get any animated weapons.

Is there any solution/s for the dps and lack of animated weapon problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. I hinted in the guide that new chaos buffs would help Nulls, and Talisman added just that.

Here is another guide that goes the poison route in 2.1 Talisman. It will not be as strong because things like Fatal Toxins went from 100% increased poison to just 50%, but it is another way to scale.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1586657

The reality is that Nulls has a hard cap on its damage because it's a unique weapon - eventually mob hp gets to high. Using a rare weapon you can slowly improve it with a better rolled rare weapon, etc. Nulls at best gets a corruption for Culling Strike implicit which frees up a link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info