[2.0] Consuming Dark Incinerator [5kHP | 20k DPS | Cheap | Atziri ]

This is my Lazy As Fuck Incinerator, designed for the 1M Challenge League. I've had a few requests for it to be posted, so I may as well pop my cherry and dump it in here (basically cross posting from Item Display Cabinet).

Fair Warning
I am terrible at this game, I can't theorycraft for shit, and my only real goal when playing is to have as much fun as possible while killing shit and picking shit up. As such, asking me questions about this build is probably pretty pointless, I couldn't tell you any logical reasoning behind gear or passive choices.

Key Points

- Lazy As Fuck!
- Underpowered!
- Poorly Optimised Tree!
- Poorly Optimised Gear!
- Not Worth Copying!

Why is it so lazy?

It is designed to whirl into mobs and use the damage to load all the buffs - all the charges are prcoced by getting hit via CWDT Blood Rage/Warlords Mark, and even the Golem is CWDT linked. Essentially, its just a lazy 2 button spam build with low damage and halfassed survival.

Leveling
Pretty easy, grab Incinerate and a Dagger with spell damage, then use Normal and Cruel difficulty to path to the Templar/Marauder/Shadow/Ranger areas of the tree. By the time you hit Merciless, you'll be able to start loading points into the major nodes. This is fine because Incinerate will keep scaling damage-wise just through levels, but you can buff that through use of +1/+2 gems daggers, Geofris Crest helm, and Infernal Mantle.

You won't start feeling tanky for a while, so Whirling Blades is very important for manual dodging, and capping your resists as you level is a good idea as well. By supplementing the leveling process with Flame Totem, you'll have a much easier time of things.

Required Gear
Consuming Dark - converts 75% of your Fire Damage to Chaos, which allows you to still run Reflect maps. Paired with a decent mana pool and clarity gem, this means you can run all of the map mods (including -20%/-40% regen) with a 5 link. You can't do Blood Magic (unless you put Life Leech in instead of Iron Will, but thats a big DPS hit) or No Regen though.

Elreon Ring - You'll need at least 1 x -8 Mana Cost ring to help cover the cost, otherwise you'll be juggling mana all the time. You can go the whole hog and get practically free casts with 2 rings, but I found the low life rolls to be a pain.

Life Sustain/Flasking
All done through potions, basically. I use my Granite potion when I whirl into packs, then usually back off so I can apply varying quantities of ass-kickery. Hit the life potion if you take a hit and the life regen is going too slow for your tastes.

I like to hit my Topaz/Ruby/Second Life flask as I move through packs, because they stop any annoying status effects from getting on you, including bleed (important to remember for Incinerate and Corrupting Blood). The warding flask should really be on a utility flask to give better immunity grace period, but I was short on slots so it sits on the life slot in the second space so its quick and easy to hit - being cursed is a real shitter in reflect maps, and silence is deadly.

Current Passive Tree @ 90

Witch Based Start
(Can also do Shadow/Scion/Templar/Marauder)

Current Gear

Spoiler

Bandits
- Passive / Passive / Passive
- You can take Oak / Cast / Frenzy or Endurance Charge depending on how you want to customise

Auras

- Clarity: Required for sustain (helped by 1 piece of -8 Elreon jewellery)
- Anger: provides about 1/5 of your DPS
- Herald of Ice: Adds some DPS, no real other function
- Arctic Armour: Bit of mitigation

Gems
- Incinerate + Faster Casting + Spell Echo + Iron Will + LMP (+Added Chaos)
- Whirling Blades + Fortify + Faster Attacks
- CWDT + Immortal Call + Warlords Mark + Increased Duration
- CWDT + Blood Rage + Summon Flame Golem
- Flame Totem + Iron Will + Faster Casting + Added Chaos

Gear Swaps
- Rise of The Phoenix: Helps with Reflect Maps
- Saffels Frame: Good for maps/bosses where phys damage is less scary then elemental
- Lioneyes Remorse: Big chunk of mitigation and life

Figures
- DPS: sits around 20k buffed with a 5L and 19/20 gems
- Mitigation: sits around 35%, 60% or so with Granite Flask
- HP: 5k (+/- depending on your gear)

Cost

Leveling the gems myself, the build cost me around 20c all told. If you need to buy some of the gear instead of finding it, you're looking around 5ex or so in the first couple of weeks of a league, considerably less as the league ages.

Results

As of posting, I've completed 20/20 challenges, and run everything up to 78 maps with ease. This includes Abaxoth kills in Wharf, Pier, Promenade and Cowards Trial, Atziri runs (including during the All Mods Lets Get Fucked Up Weekend), and +damage -max versions of Residence Dominus and Malformation Piety.

I'll hopefully get to do some 80+ maps at some point, but thats more up to RNG than anything else.

Atziri Video

You can see a video of an Atziri run here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58f64ee07E&feature=youtu.be

Before posting, please note that I am fully aware that the tree is a mess, the gear is terribly chosen, and that Incinerates general versatility and power are the only reason I've managed to get anywhere with it.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Dec 1, 2015, 4:35:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info