Sick and Tired of this RNG

Hello ! I've been a member / player of Path of Exile sice 2012-2013, been playing it daily and I must say that I really enjoy the game, the gameplay and the complexity of it.

But I find it absurd to grind for about 3 years daily and to have nothing to show for it. Everything that I have in terms of high end items were self crafted with toooons of chaos orbs from chaos recipie.

I have 3 chars of lvl 90+, one of them is pure iir / iiq running a total of 467 iir / 124 iiq with culling. I never, but NEVER got anything better than a Crown of Eyes from Dominus (out of a total of 3500+ dominus runs done over the course of 1 month -> yea, i've counted them ... got a total of 24 exalteds orbs in that month from chaos recipie -> via tradeing channel) this is just with the MF Char.

I did have some exalted orbs drop in these almost 3 years of gaming, a total of about 15 exalted orbs and 1 eternal orb.

I am not the type to complain, but this is ... to much . I've spent to much time to never get a : Soul taker / shavy / windripper or anything, this is to frustraiting..

I mean... come on, I know people who are playing for waaaaaay less time than I am, and they get shavys / windrippers/ kaoms and etc.

I do understand the concept of RNG, but, again, 3 years of daily grinding is a long time without having anything to "brag" with. No high end items (no bino's, no shavy, no windripper, no kaom, no nothing... AT ALL ! besides 1 crown of eyes and 2 pledges of hands ... everything else was simply ... vendor trash).

I mean what's up with that ? At times I feel like just going in to global and gift away all my gear and quit the game.

What am I doing wrong ? I even tried culling tempest / nemesis / anarchy and all the modes from Zana to ... no result besides vendor trash uniques. I had to grind and raise currency for 8 months just to be able to get a Legacy Soul Taker. And I did it from chaos recipie...

When I go to trade chat and check the itemlevel of high end uniques like kaom / shavy / windripper, i see ilvl 68 / 67 and other low lvls ... I only grind lvl 75+ maps (tried 120 strand maps with tempest mode and got a total of 13 trash uniques), again, yes, I do count cause I am sooo frustrated !

Besides... the "Chance achivement" -> I've started wasteing chance orbs sice I first heard that you can chance a unique and i've been using EVERY single last chance orb i got *also bough over 20 exalted orbs worth of chances*, and guess what... I didn't get the achivement. And no, I didn't only try to chance high end items, I've focused like 25% of them on Onyx amulets due to the high number of uniques from that base... to no avail.

I don't know what else to do, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. How does everybody have drops significantly better than what I have ? :|

3 years of grinding, 467 iir / 124 iiq for ... nothing. That's not taking in consideration the other non MF chars ....

Kind regards,
A frustrated exile.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not as much as I could have. Given the fact that I got no good items, I got a lot of deaths ... since the game is not very :-? mercifull.

But, yea, I did enjoy myself, that's why I am here, that's why I am frustrated.
Can I have one of your Pledge of Hands? :P

I got the achievement. Chanced a Occultist's Vestment.

Turned into an Infernal Mantle. :P

Don't worry my level 89,8 Witch has a Wand with itemlevel <70. I only get shitrolled ones. :/
1 Exalted only
0 Eternal
0 Mirror
Best unique drops: probably that 1800+ Queen of the Forest or the Legacy CoD which is now... not so useful anymore
Sold my Item Quantity gem for 1 chaos when it was already legacy (One day later I thought: I didn't saw a lot of item quantity gems... did it turned legacy? And yes, yes it did and I didn't know before I sold it.)
Only managed to create one 6L
Only found one 6L so far (but that was from a strongbox with "all sockets are linked" mod)

Yes, the game is BEYOND CRUEL (puns intended).

May the not-luck be with us.

Oh and Flameblast 20/20 turned into Vaal Flameblast 20/20.
Fireball 20/20 turned into Vaal Fireball 20/20
Clarity 20/20 (yes, I made it 20 quality) turned into Vaal Clarity 20/20
Cold Snap 20/20 turned into Vaal Cold Snap 20/20
Last edited by SuperMotte on Oct 13, 2015, 6:16:54 PM
No longer have the Pledge of Hands ... Those were the total of my 3 years of grinding.

But I can gift you a IIQ Gem ... 20/20 corrupted. :)
Maybe that's the problem... Too much time invested farming with specialized equipment. I have never had more than 80 IIR in the characters who found this things:

I just play the game, no trade, no too much farming...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
You could try farming with fast clear and go iiq instead of iir, other then that its more path of trading then anything else to build wealth, you can alc high ilvl jewellery, find an item that sells for less in trade and sell it on poe.trade, exploit masters for exchange rates hell you could run 6accs and lvl fast get q gems and exchange rates 6 times x4 masters a day.
Sadly trades kinda crap at the moment so iiq currency farming may be the best, my 2 cents after 18mnths + for me trading is getting pretty old.
I am aware of how I can get currency... And yes, I have exploited them all, but i'm refering just to the drops.

I've tried different combinations of iir / iiq ... even tried running 200 iiq / 0 iir and so on... without any luck...

Yes, I've tried different builds, running 0 iir / 100 iir / 300 iir / 400 iir / 500 iir same results (only more yellows when running more iir). Again, I've played 300 days out of 365 per year for 3 years...

That's a lot ... I should have at least got all the high end items in drops. Not expecting any mirrors or a unid 6L shavy .... :| Just something like a Windripper once / 3 months just to have the feeling of "Hi ! Thanks for playing"... :(
I never played IIR or IIQ, im playing since 2014 and all of my chars based on sick clear speed.

only in the last warband 3m league i made 16ex drop and void battery 3 drillnecks.

i made over 100ex drop,
4 shav
1 mjolner
4 windripper
2 void battery
20+ drillneck

and shit ton of other 1-2ex things...

I never made any dominus runs or w/e you there IIR+IIQ guys doing for living, i enjoy mapping in groups/solo and get the drop from clear speed instead of myth rarity/quantity.
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
Last edited by ment2008 on Oct 13, 2015, 9:44:36 PM
I think the main problem here is your expectations, not the RNG...

GGG could implement something so players are rewarded after playing a certain time with 'good' items, but that would not really solve anything, just create more inflation. It would also be exploitable, and cost development resources that are better spent on actual content.

Some items being very, VERY rare is desirable, since it makes the 'wow!' feeling when you actually find one so much better!
I bet you were pretty chuffed when you found those three good items (I've found two uniques of that type, and I know I was). Would you have experienced that excitement if it had been a common occurrence?

RNG is fine as it is IMHO :-)
"
estfido wrote:
No longer have the Pledge of Hands ... Those were the total of my 3 years of grinding.

But I can gift you a IIQ Gem ... 20/20 corrupted. :)

I take it, thanks.^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info