So this is tempest

And i thought i missed out when i played warbands but no, this is as or mb even more underwhelming then warbands was.
Not saying its bad or anything its just nothing,i wish it was bad at least it would be something then.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah, so far it's been underwhelming for me too except in one specific case where a rare mob got a bunch of charges from the tempest that grants charges. It was interesting seeing it with about 10 of each swirling around it and thanks to blocking and LGoH I ended up still not caring about its damage as I smashed its face in.

I'm hoping it'll get more interesting in Cruel and Merciless.
Last edited by Jackinthegreen on Oct 13, 2015, 2:34:11 AM
"
I dunno, Mini-Narachan sort of made it all worth it for me. Her and all her cute little minions!

<3
Although she ended my templar's exploration of Wraeclasts microbiology.

That energizing tempest granting charges is not that much of a problem until you run into a group of grapplers. Interesting times.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
You know why 6l in tempest league where sold only few chaos? Because tempest can spawn 6l and a lot of people in HC abused the 6l thing.

I don t like the easy 6l that much because it broke the HC economy too much (ppl were just getting tons of divines from the 6l stuff)

Personally I find that getting killed by tempest animate weapon+culling is awesome and things like that should have been pushed a little more by GGG instead of the loot aspect in end-game.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 13, 2015, 4:49:55 AM
You don't really get the payoff for tempest until maps. Progressing through the regular game you often don't have a choice for what to do next and end up dealing with a bunch of the tiresome tempests.

But in maps you have a broad range of choices already and tempest just enhances that. There are some really fun and beneficial tempests you can get in maps, so good that you're actually happy to run even the lowest level maps just to have another chance at the tempest. I really wish they were adding tempests to the mapping system in the core game.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
So far from what I experienced in the 1m league most of the tempests are underwhelming.
The ones that do damage, do too little damage to matter for monsters.
The ones that give buffs give said buffs for too little time to matter.
I liked a few like the Haste giving tempest, but it only lasted for 4 seconds... that's hardly noticible.

Maybe some tempests are worthwhile, but as I have never encoutered them, I cannot say more.

I think this is another case of a good idea ruined by the fact that GGG wasnt bold enough to make the benefits worth it.
I'm hating tempest so far. I'm spending my day watching a TV series with nembibi tempest tracker open in the background. If a decent tempest appears (corrupting, turmoil, phantoms...) I jump in and hope to have an available map to run. So far I've been unlucky and I wasn't able to run a single decent tempest in 2-3 days.
Don't hate it, I don't love it. You do need to be quick tho.
Censored.
How about we remove the dumb tempest's that actually kill the map for you?

Quite frankly if a player gets rip'ed by some AI SRS spawns, that's just poor.

all they do for me is destroy my xp and annoy me. These tempest's pose absolutely no thread at all.

Like i said, they just destroy mobs for me or i find packs at 20%hp, how exactly is that fun?

Peace,

-Boem-

Edit : crematorium, "molten tempest of influence"

Drop to lvl 2, enter room, entire room is filled with corpses.

Kill two packs, scout edge of visible map, another pack dead by the tempest without even seeing it.

Good fun. . .
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Oct 14, 2015, 5:49:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info