How to use Leap Slam as a movement skill?

Hello, just looking for some advice on what my setup needs to be, ive tried getting the fastest weapon speeds and switched from a shield to dual wielding, but its still fairly slow. Do i need to link it with a support gem? I dont have any speed on my boots and just trying to find alternatives to getting around a cleared map. Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 9:35:42 PM
The base attack speed of your weapon will not have an effect on the leap slam animation time. However, attack speed affixes on your weapon and other gear, as well as passives that give attack speed will decrease the animation time. I am not sure whether or not faster attacks would work but I think it would.

In general though I would say a quicksilver flask is a pretty good option, especially if you get one with reduced charges used or more charges so that you can use it 3 times between refilling it.
I mainly use Leap Slam as a movement skill for ledges and other areas where you can jump up onto, or down from. It's more or less a shortcut skill. Saves a little time, but it's a little slow to be used to move across an entire map. Whirling Blades may be a better option.
Check out this video. I cant figure out how to get Leap Slam to go as fast as he does. He mentions dual wielding with it and i didnt know if that has something to do with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IZxoWOWAfAY#t=330s
I can only assume adding the Faster Attacks support gem will improve it's speed. I've never tried it but that may be what's doing it for them.
Found this on the wiki:
"Leap Slam has its own duration (1.4 Seconds), which is modified by, but not equal to, the player's attack speed."
Easy. i do it all the time. if you have a lot of atk speed link it with atk speed gem, use some gear.
You can get it down to 0.5 sec easy, and if you have sufficient mana regen - you'll kangaroo your way through the map.
"
behemothd wrote:
Easy. i do it all the time. if you have a lot of atk speed link it with atk speed gem, use some gear.
You can get it down to 0.5 sec easy, and if you have sufficient mana regen - you'll kangaroo your way through the map.

So then I guess dual wielding doesnt affect it?

I should go with a sword im guessing cause it has the highest attacks per second?

I guess I need to get faster attacks gem and link them together, cause I'm going nowhere near as fast as the video.

A bit off topic but anyone know if there another/faster way to get around maps?
My marauder found a voidhome, so when I need to get around I switch to that with leap slam + faster attacks. Preeety fast.

Also you need to hold shift while leap slamming around. This way your character will never walk if you go over max leap slam distance.
Not sure if the weapon you're holding makes too much of a difference, but I can confirm: connecting leap slam with a faster attacks gem gives you quite the boost.
"900 runs Vol - 1 brittle emperor and 0 exalted orbs. that game best for slave. best for spend time."
-1ndig0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info