Need advice from high lvl players. Lvl 54 Marauder is looking for a right directon to continue

Hello guys!

Long short – I always wanted to be able to play solo (then I would like to) and also I wanted to play as a ranger, cause I love bows. Don’t blame me – this is how I started to play this game =) After I hit Cruel and lvl 48 my ranger just didn’t had enough survivability to move on (basically problem started right after I started Cruel), so I started to looks for some ”fatter” class to play, who is able to use bows as well. Finally I have found 2 great themes here:

1. Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/80909)

and

2. gh0un´s Point Blank Melee Bowrauder - Soloing Maps like a boss (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/103683)

Reading them has moved me in a direction there I’m now as a lvl 54 Marauder with 16 unspent passive points and a skill tree like:

I used 2 handed till lvl 35, then started to use Rain of Arrows+ Point Blank, and finally completely moved to 2 skills – one for the crowd and one for the bosses (I use Blood rage before I start to kill crowds):

Crowd skill: Light arrow – Fork – Lesser Multiple projectiles – Life on Hit (122 DPS).

Boss skill: Poison arrow – Faster attack – Weapon elemental damage – Faster projectiles (460 DPS)

If I meet tons of mobs I could survive them all if I only not one-shooted first or frozen =) Basically I run to collect a crowd and I kill them pretty fast. Even with 122 DPS I don’t see any crowd DPS problems atm, I think it just fine with my weak bow. Sometimes I shoot em from a range, Point Blank is cutting my damage, but it is still pretty quick because of the Lightning arrow + Fork + LMP

Bosses are not going desirably fast, but I kite them and kill them. I could survive 2 critical shots, so I die rarely.

So, now the most important part – my questions.

1. I’m going to get finally 5L or 6L and to use next skills combinations:

5L : LA + Fork + Chains + Faster attack + Life on Hit
6L: LA + Fork + Chains + Faster attack + Life on hit + Weapon elemental damage

What would you say, is it a right direction?

2. What would be the best Boss killer combination with a bow? Also 5L and 6L accordingly.

3. Where to go on now? I have 16 unspent points, so basically I think to go here (+30% elemental damage and + 1 Frenzy + 18% longer frenzy (cause I use Blood rage it is significant)):

Which will boost my DPS and will leave me with 10 more unspent points. I think it would be better for me to become fatter and fatter after this, what would you advise? I really think I need more survivability for the future.

Great thanks for all who will share!
Last edited by vitek on Feb 14, 2013, 3:40:52 PM
Ok, finally I made a skill tree like:

Now I have 3 unspent sp + I could get 3 more from the Weapon Elemental damage (since my weapon are not that good). Do you think it would be wise to go to Iron Grip? How much DPS it will give me? I have 354 str atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info