Worst Trader Ever?

It's me. Hihlights from my last 4 days:

Saturday : put for 4c, on the trade chat, a tri-res Frontier Leather (34/43/42) with 44 life and 1000 eva. Sold it immediately of course, and only realized after the sale that it was probably worth 2x more.

Sunday: Bought for 5c, from the trade chat, this helm:
Spoiler

Not that bad, although certainly not 5c, but the point is that I absolutely don’t need it. Was thinking “mm.. let’s buy it, maybe I will need it for a future char”. Well to say the truth it was late and I was a little bit drunk.

Monday: Saw “WTB tabula for 11c” on the trade chat, and sold one of mines (I had 2). No comment, the worst is that I had read something about this thing a few days before, on Reddit. The guy said politely thanks and continued with the same annonce for hours - and yesterday as well (except that he raised the offer to 15c)

Yesterday: I try to trade 200 fuses for exalts since 1 week, ratio 55/1. Without any success (apparently there are not many fuse buyers recently?). Yesturday I decided to lower my price to 60/1. After a while I get a buyer for 2 sets. Finally! I will see an exalt in this game after 6 months playing! So I open the trade window, he puts his 2 exalts, I put my fuses. Then the guy suddenly cancels the trade, tells me “are you kidding me?”, and disappears. And I realize that in my excitation I had put jews instead of fuses… Sigh. Tried to explain him, even proposed to lower to 65/1, but he didn’t answer. And I can understand. Actually, I somehow make this confusion since the beginning of the game. Even managed 2 times to unlink a, 4L, using a fuse instead of a jewel to recolor…

That’s it, so keep an eye opened, with me online you can make good business!
Nope. Me. I don't even know how to open trade chat.
If you desire to use trad chat I recommend ingorning all the spammers until you only see a few people posting who are trying to make fast trades a good deals.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Last edited by PrinceOfPuddles on Oct 7, 2015, 12:46:37 PM
Is trade in this game exist?
"
LordAdagio wrote:
It's me. Hihlights from my last 4 days:

U r really bad, but than again I traded an ex for 3 golem gem. LOLOL
It's alright man I paid a lot for a unid unique long staff when Searing Torch was expansive only to realize that apparently there was a second unique long staff.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:03:57 PM
"
LordAdagio wrote:
It's me... Well to say the truth it was late and I was a little bit drunk.

That’s it, so keep an eye opened, with me online you can make good business!

TLDR version
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
U r really bad, but than again I traded an ex for 3 golem gem. LOLOL

You mean you bought 3 golem gems with an exalt?? Well, that’s amazing! I will try to do worse, but even for me, that will be hard! Lol

"
Him: "No, I sell for 200 only"

Funny story. This evening I put an offer to sell 200 chroms for 20c. After a while, a guy asked me if if he could get them for 40 fuse instead of 20c. Caring for my reputation of WTE, I answered that I would take 30 fuse, to make the deal closer to the supposed “established” ratio (between 1/7 and 1/8). The guy answered that in the meanwhile he had got 280 chroms for 30 fuses. So in 1 mn, he had went from 1/5 to amost 1/10! And I must say that even for me, although I’m mathematician, it took me 10 or 15 secs to decide if 40 fuses for my 200 chroms was a good offer or not.

All this shows that it’s difficult for a lot of people to think correct prices in the absence of a well established currency unit. Not that I would like gold In POE, I like the way it works with orbs. But it’s very often stressing because you know that when there is a good offer you have to be fast.

I love the new UI options that lets you resize chat window and font size, now I can have trade chat open all the time without feeling it's in the way. So many brodeals to be had there!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info