Explosive Arrow Single Target

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a tip on how to deal with tanky rares and unique bosses with Explosive Arrow. I've been using a Frost Wall so far which kinda works, but it's not very convinient really.

I was thinking about a second Explosive Arrow in a four link: EA - Chance to Ignite - Fire Pen - Inc Burning Damage
On that note: A Q20 EA has 20% chance to ignite enemies. If I stack up 5 arrows to an enemie, will the chance to ignite still be 20% or 68%?

I was also considering to attempt Atziri. Know I know that Atziri herself can't be ignited, but she isn't the real deal anyways imho. Would really appreciate your input! :)
Little update: I attempted Atziri. Died once at Vaal and once at the trio. Main reason being that my damage was simply too low. I used my standard EA - Fire Pen - GMP - Inc AoE setup with Frostwall. My EA gem is still lvl 18 tho.

Clearing the trash took way too long aswell. I'm considering to work Ele Equi into my build. Will keep you updated :)
So I've read a little more into EA and EE. Alot of players will use split arrow or frost shot to apply EE to a group of mobs. I don't really understand why they do this. EA's initial hit is good enough to apply EE. You only need a little bit of cold or lightning damage on your gear. You would fire off 5 volleys of EA into a pack, which applies EE. The fuses will then detonate. Everything that still stands will most likely get hit again.

So why use split arrow or ice shot?
You can use split arrow with chain + curse on hit to apply flammability and proc EE at the same time. Other than that it doesn't really matter, just use something like Herald of Ice or added cold/light damage on a piece of gear and you'll always get the benefit of EE regardless of how you fight.

If you want single target damage in a 4 link you should use concentrated effect instead of increased burning damage. You want the initial hit to be as powerful as possible because that's what your burn damage multiplies off of.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Oct 5, 2015, 4:09:25 PM
"
kahzin wrote:
So I've read a little more into EA and EE. Alot of players will use split arrow or frost shot to apply EE to a group of mobs. I don't really understand why they do this. EA's initial hit is good enough to apply EE. You only need a little bit of cold or lightning damage on your gear. You would fire off 5 volleys of EA into a pack, which applies EE. The fuses will then detonate. Everything that still stands will most likely get hit again.

So why use split arrow or ice shot?

you can link split arrow to pierce to get better spread of ee.

only the first explosion will benefit from ee debuff. the target will then get fire resistance and the other four explosions will do reduced damage. doesn't sound like much of a point using unless i am missing something?
The fuses will detonate at the same time. And I get now why people use Ice Shot. They can apply curses with it and they have the time anyways. There's a short delay after the last EA hits the target.
I'll get to EE in two levels and will give Atziri another try.

Until then I'm still curious how you guys kill Atziri with EA. Please let me know!
Ok explosive arrow single target is amazing, you just need to 5 stack and ignite for burn damage.

What I used for both aoe and single target in my 6link:

EA - GMP / Conc Effect / Slower Projectiles / Chance to Ignite / Fire Pen

Was doing lvl 80 maps last league with 9.6k hp and tons and tons of damage

Also, just get lightning damage on a ring or ammy, then take EE. Your hit will give -50 fire res, then explode, then if any mobs gets +fire res, you hit them again which gives -50 fire res, then explodes again.

You do not need additional skills for EE with EA.
Last edited by hayze420 on Oct 5, 2015, 8:03:46 PM
"
hayze420 wrote:
Ok explosive arrow single target is amazing, you just need to 5 stack and ignite for burn damage.

What I used for both aoe and single target in my 6link:

EA - GMP / Conc Effect / Slower Projectiles / Chance to Ignite / Fire Pen

Was doing lvl 80 maps last league with 9.6k hp and tons and tons of damage

Also, just get lightning damage on a ring or ammy, then take EE. Your hit will give -50 fire res, then explode, then if any mobs gets +fire res, you hit them again which gives -50 fire res, then explodes again.

You do not need additional skills for EE with EA.

The problem is that Atziri can't be ignited. So you wouldn't get far using this skill setup. I also used EE on my EA Scion. However, there was a rumor that the explosions don't trigger at the exact same time which would make EE inefficient. I don't know if it's true, I did not follow up on this matter.

Don't get me wrong - I did deal a fair amount of single target damage against Atziri. It's just that it wasn't enough for me because the fight just took too long. The longer the fight lasted the more room for mistakes were given.
what is EE?

thread is fascinating.
"
phrostyphace wrote:
what is EE?

thread is fascinating.

Elemental Equilibrium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info