Question regarding Cold Snap / Freeze / Chill / Hypothermia

Hi,

I have a question regarding Cold Snap / Freeze / Chill / Hypothermia :

According to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cold_Snap :
Cold Snap has "30% chance to Freeze enemies"

Now, according to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chill :
"when a target is frozen, it is also chilled for the freeze duration plus an additional 300 ms."

So, am I right to assume that when a target is frozen by Cold Snap, and attacked by a physical damage source linked to Hypothermia, the target will get MORE damage from hypothermia ?

And am I also right to assume that whenever the Freeze status ailment expires, the target becomes automatically Chilled (unless drinking a Sapphire flask ofc) ?

Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Oct 4, 2015, 3:44:49 PM
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
And am I also right to assume that whenever the Freeze status ailment expires, the target becomes automatically Chilled (unless drinking a Sapphire flask ofc) ?

It was chilled all the time, it just stops also being frozen, so, if you attack a frozen target you will get the bonus from hypothermia.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
To further add to what raics already wrote:

A target cannot be frozen without being chilled at the same time. When the freeze expires, it is then "only" chilled for a short extra time (instead of being both chilled and frozen), since the chill duration is always slightly longer than the freeze.

If you have the Fingers of Frost notable passive allocated, then the chill duration will get refreshed once the freeze runs out.

Example:
1.0 sec freeze
1.3 sec chill

--> 1.0 sec chill + freeze and 0.3 sec chill only afterwards

with Fingers of Frost we instead get
--> 1.0 sec chill + freeze and 1.3 sec chill afterwards for a total chill time of 2.3 sec
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Thank you both for very clear answers !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info