Connection issues last few days (WinMTR posted)

Hello, I'm on the DC gateway (Lockstep) where I typically get 25-35 ping. The past few days, I've noticed two things that are making POE practically unplayable.

1) My ping "flatlines" when I'm moving through areas, in combat, or moving in town. Basically if I'm not idle, my ping flatlines every few seconds, for 1-10 seconds. When this is happening, I can still see enemies attacking me and damaging me, but I am unable to send any inputs to my character to do anything. I am locked in place from moving or attacking, but I can still get attacked.

After a few seconds, my ping returns back to normal and I can move again.

2) My ping spikes to really large values. This is actually not that much of an issue, I can live with this.

I've also tried switching to Predictive. All this does is cause me to be desynced almost 100% of the time, levels I have never even seen before Lockstep was introduced.

Here is my WinMTR

http://pastebin.com/RDPTywMB

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Last edited by Shmez on Oct 2, 2015, 4:41:52 PM
Hi

You have huge packetloss in your trace route beginning with your first hop: 10.5.160.1
You should call your ISP, send them your WinMTR and hope that they fix it.
Dont let your ISP confusing you, even if your Downstream and Upstream seems well, there is a trouble with your connection.

All sites, streams and games can handle packetloss, some better than others. There are a lot of players with the same problem at the moment. I dont know if GGG changed something or not but its really annoying. Nevertheless call your ISP they are the only one who can fix this shit.

Sometimes a VPN like WTFast or Battleping can help to play the game meanwhile.

GL
Hey thanks for taking a look. I guess I'll contact my ISP then. I'm so sad that this had to happen on the day of the 1month :(

Thanks again, gl hf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info