So which aspects of the game are now taboo for discussion?

We obviously can't discuss the UI anymore. What else is a no-go? Perhaps you could compile a list so we don't end up with countless threads that you'll just have to lock anyway.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by Rachel on Oct 2, 2015, 8:06:24 AM
It's not taboo to discuss the UI.

It's the globes discussion that is just stale, being regularly put back to the front page without any new points, and containing a lot of attempts to misinform people.
are we normal people or mentals with severe social issues?

i think this might be taboo if even
besides that what could be? ex droprate?
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 2, 2015, 5:39:44 AM
It's not the discussing, it's HOW we're discussing.

EDIT: Added a 'not' that I missed.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 2, 2015, 6:30:13 AM
"
It's the discussing, it's HOW we're discussing.

There will always be a few trolls that try to ruin it for everyone else. I'd rather see them ban/mute trolls than lock the discussion for the community as a whole.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I personally find their padlocking policy appallingly hamfisted.

I created a strawpoll about the UI, they can't take that away - http://strawpoll.me/5632054

Repost it from time to time, fight the good fight :)

Also, that padlocking policy actually empowers and encourages trolls - they see they have a power over any thread and can easily kill it with some persistent trolling. In their misguided attempt to "save" the forum from trolls, the moderation team is allowing (and helping) them to suffocate the forum.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 2, 2015, 6:06:06 AM
Improvement to trade are not taboo but has been finaly discouraged by the last statement from Chris in Q&A.

Well i guess there are reasons behind ^^ Hope that's the good one.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 2, 2015, 6:07:42 AM
Hey there everyone! If you feel that you have any moderation concerns please feel free to email us at support@grindinggear.com, and we can ensure that the appropriate members of the team look into these concerns.

If you have any further constructive feedback to share with us about the UI changes, please email these to us also, as we believe that this topic has already been thoroughly discussed here.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
"
Hey there everyone! If you feel that you have any moderation concerns please feel free to email us at support@grindinggear.com, and we can ensure that the appropriate members of the team look into these concerns.

If you have any further constructive feedback to share with us about the UI changes, please email these to us also, as we believe that this topic has already been thoroughly discussed here.

Hi, Rachel. What you said is in complete opposition to what happened to my thread. I created a straw poll (here) about the UI which is something new, lacking in the locked thread and should provide you with some interesting statistical information.

My straw poll thread was locked immediately. It was succinct, objective and to the point - no flame bait or anything "unconstructuve".

It was still locked.

Here is some non-constructive but heartfelt feedback about that: I think it sucks.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 2, 2015, 6:34:40 AM
Probably my fault, Bars, I made a comment negatively referencing the mental abilities/development of people who attach any level of importance to the UI change outside of whether it meets the thematic nature of the game.

Potentially, my comment could be seen as an invitation to continue some of the more mouth-breathing aspects of the original thread, and thus create a discourse that descends into negativity.

My apologies.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info