Can't start PoE, D3D error.

Hello!

My GTX 780ti graphics card decided to die today (worst timing ever considering the 1month..)

So I'm now using an old Radeon x1950 pro card while waiting for my new to arrive and I keep getting this error while trying to start the game.
("The D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released.")

I've done some research and I still can't figure out why it wont work because the card I have is supposed to have Pixel Shader 3.0 and I'm not starting the game in fullscreen.

Would really love some help because I want to participate in the 1 month!

This is my current setup, copied from speccy:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz 44 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM
8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
MSI Z87-G45 GAMING (MS-7821) (SOCKET 0) 31 °C

Graphics
VG248 (1920x1080@60Hz)
512MB ATI Radeon X1950 Pro (Sapphire/PCPartner)
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro Secondary (Sapphire/PCPartner)
CrossFire Disabled

Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD) 31 °C

Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Are you playing through the stand alone or Steam client? If you're playing through Steam, I recommend trying via the stand alone, in case that fixes the problem.

Please also check your drivers are all up to date. Let me know if this issue still continues, I'm happy to look into this further for you for some other options.
Thanks for replying!
I've tried both versions, get the same error on both :(

I'm starting to think its a driver issue. They no longer update the drivers for the card and I'm using a legacy driver thats made for Windows vista.
I'm currently on Windows 10 so I shall try to install vista and see if it helps me.
But if you have any other suggestion im willing to try first!
So I tested installing an older windows with correct drivers and still no progress :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info