[2.0.0] CI spelltotem Incinerate build - 150k-220k dps / 9800ES

This is kind of a spin-off build based on CI chaos incinerate build i posted early during warbands/torment league. You can read regular incinerate guide here.

I've never played totem build before, but i've decided to respec before the league ends and give totems a try. It worked out great, even with almost no defenses for totems, totem variant of the build has a lot better clear speed then regular incinerate.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Q & A
Spoiler
Is the build Atziri vialbe? -Yes. Check Video section.

Is the build newbie friendly? -It is, but considering i don't have time to write a leveling guide, i wouldn't recommend it as a first build for someone who never reached maps before. If i write a leveling guide, i'll change this to 'Yes'.

How expensive is the build? -Its cheap to get going in temporary leagues.

Whats the dps? -Atm ~85k LMP at stage 4, ~120k with slower projectiles instead of lmp for Atziri. I'm using a corruptd 5L '+1 to socketed gems' infernal mantle and lvl 21 incinerate. In a 4L infernal mantle i was able to reach ~45k LMP dps.

Is it tanky? -Nope. You can't facetank anything with this build and you shouldnt try either. Put down totems and dodge everything manually.

Gimmie the list of free map mods (mods that provide quantity and rarity, but don't affect the build)?
- physical reflect
- elemental reflect
- elemental equilibrium
- desecrated ground
- poison on hit
- monsters resist 40/60/80% fire/cold/lightning/physical damage
In addition to that, build is also immune to reflect from mirror Atziri, reflect on rare monsters, elemental resistance auras on rare monsters, chaos bond bloodline packs and zombies that leave chaos clouds on death.

Would this build be better as low life instead of CI?
In short - NO
Don't have shavs to try, but i reckon it should be better.

Is unique jewel Hungry Abyss good for this build?
No. Totems leech life to themselves, not the player.

Is unique ring Emberwake or Fire Penetration gem good for this build?
No. This build converts all fire damage to chaos damage. Chaos damage cannot ignite and Fire Penetration will not penetrate chaos resistance.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSlhXEp9olQ - Strand full run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6vwPyU7Zk - Jungle valley full run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxDsRKNDdus - Orchard full run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MypD01xL-Oo - Residence Dominus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrTnhFngB4M - Atziri full run

Screenshots - DPS and Defenses
2x totem dps = 18.6k x4 x2=148k
5L Tooltip with faster porjectiles and Rain of Splinters, no buffs: +1 mantle, 21/20 incinerate, empower lvl3

2x totem dps = 27.5k x4 x2=220k
5L Tooltip with slower porjectiles, NO Rain of Splinters, Atziri's promise active: +1 mantle, 21/20 incinerate, empower lvl3

Defensive stats - Discipline + Arctic Armour

Build enabling unique items

Infernal Mantle gives 25% fire dmg converted to fire.

Consuming Dark gives 75% fire dmg converted to fire.

Chayula provides stun immunity.

Optional unique items:

Wanderlust and Dream Frags provide freeze immunity. They are not needed thou, sapphire flask with dispel freeze and freeze immunity works as long as you have enough charges on it.

Rest of the gear:
Rare items with lots of es, spell damage and cast speed (if you have enough regen to support it).
Check gear section to see what i'm currently using.

Passive Skill tree

Bandits
Normal - Kill all (i helped Alira for 60 mana, but thats cause i started as regular incinerate build, if you're going for totems from the start, you should kill everyone)
Cruel - Kill all
Merciless - Kill all (or help Oak if you plan on using Enduring Cry)

Skill Gem Setup

Incinerate needs to be socketed inside 4L Infernal Mantle.
Incinerate + Faster Casting + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Spell Totem
If you get 5L, use iron will, with ~100 strength it provides almost as much dps as lvl 2 empower, but it doesnt have additional mana cost. Ofc, if you have acces to lvl3 or higher empower, you can use that instead.

Vall discipline is your only panic button as no flask can help regen ES.
Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration

Auras can be socketed anywhere.
Discipline + Arctic armour
Not much to say here. Clarity is not needed cause incinerate spell totem mana cost is really low and can be outregened just by mana regen on tree if you follow the passive tree from the guide.

Movement - you need 2L for Whirling Blades + Faster attacks, Flame Dash can be anywhere. I have them both in a 4L.
Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Flame Dash
Whirling Blades doesn't need to be linked to Fortify, but its nice to get that 20% less dmg buff every now and then as you whirl around.

Defenses - wherever you can fit them.
Summon Chaos Golem - You can self cast it, i have it linked to cast when damage taken.
Cast when damage taken + Molten Shell + Tempest Shield
If you have room for it, its always nice to support those 3 skills with increased duration.
Enfeeble OR Temporal chains + Ball lighting + Curse on Hit
If you can get +1 curse chayula, use both enfeeble and temp chains.

Defenses
Put down totems, rin from enemies while totems damage mobs, cast Ball Lightning to curse rares and bosses and use vaal discipline if you get low on ES.
This is not a tanky build. You HAVE to avoid everything manually.

Infernal Mantle and low mana
You reach low mana when you hit 35% of your total mana.
In example, if you have 1000 mana, you are considered to be at low mana when you have 350 mana or less.
That means that when you use your skills you have to stay above 35% of your mana at all times, otherwise spells that hit you will deal 100% more damage.

Is this a problem? Not really. Running Discipline and Arctic Armour reserves 60% of the mana, meaning 40% of the mmana is left for casting skills.

As long as you have 30-40 mana regen, you'll be fine.

Running less regen, no regen and Blood Magic maps

Less regen maps should be ok even if you still use empower as 5th link supporting Incinerate, but for no regen you need to use reduced mana gem 0 incinerate cost. You'll also probably need to support Whirling blades with reduced mana instead of fortify.

For Blood Magic maps you need to drop Discipline and Arctic Armour. I have 7800ES without Discipline and i find that enough ES to do most game content.

Current mapping and Atziri farming gear
Weapon and Armour

Jewelery

Jewels

Flasks

Luxury upgrades

Try corrupting a +1 to socketed gems Infernal Manlte, it increases dps more then just lvl2 empower, while not adding extra multiplier to mana cost of Incinerate.

+1 Curse on Eye of Chayula will allow you to use two curses without specking into Whispers of Doom.

If you're using Wanderlust for freeze immunity, you can also corrupt that item for +1 to socketed gems and keep auras in there (Enlighten, Discipline, Clarity, Arctic Armour).

Chance of +1 to socketed gems spawning on an item is 2.58%. That means on Average you need to corrupt ~40 items to get that corruption mod.

Here is a screenshot of my rip tab before i got to +1 gems mantle. I got it after 20 only corruptions which is incredibly lucky.
Spoiler
Last edited by ogrec on Sep 30, 2015, 1:04:08 PM
Hey, I started messing around with this (non totem) with a mid-level char in Standard since Warbands was ending. Are you still using chayula for the totem variation? Do you know how many regrets it cost to make the change?
Yes, i still use chayula. It took around 25 regrets iirc. It would take additional 20 to witch Alira's normal reward for +1 skill point.

what should my 6th be
I feel like 100% chaos conversion isn't needed for totems. Instead you could use a projectile speed wand.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Dextera
You can try iron will, added chaos or added lightning.

MatrixFactor
Dropping Consuming Dark for a rare weapon (wand for projectiles speed) is definitely an option, except on reflect maps. Using fire penetration instead of faster projectiles and flammability instead of temp chains would increase damage compared to pure chaos conversion.
Ive been thinking of making this build but life base wanted to get your opinion on it.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEAelAuNJsiycK3gfxy2LbRki9GwLkyd_xsHFiEKCHtsLEZYOSF3ynWPljqSxjDZVS2HiJpUWvxEtfIPR_V5dp5Tr7lNSRZ2a4EVHMtHAZqIABLPhc5o71abtPIKb7Dg62Bo4kFUnL1nzcg9mnioTWOWj8lorcYV65mP9RtexQtq5cqmsqv5UDc0rUBzOr6fE9viTjEYrthDMxq63PoPMPC3Yvf4KNZL5vQagZIRuqrXySsiDX0lR8NWVLgce-tLjahZvVdZk5xcvgKQ26SSqZlSFew==

with this tree ive only taken 2 jewel slots but I have pathed around to where I can pick up more if necessary.

Also do you think using Rathpith or a Saffell's would be enough spell block to allow us to be low mana and not worrie about the 100% increased spell damage?
Still a bit stung by the brutal incinerate nerf, but thinking dual totem could still be very viable. (I will miss life leech a lot) I have an 83 witch with all bandits killed that I'd like to see if this will work. Any chance of a skill tree for 2.1?

And also kudos for the self-cast incinerate build. I really enjoyed it while it lasted.

We still don't know how consuming dark will work with the new poison mechanics. (ok, maybe I should say *I* don't) With that and slight gains from passive tree, totem incinerate may not lose much boss kill speed at all.

And then there's the new support gem. Reduced elemental damage and *more* chaos damage might be a massive boost, need stats on what it is as you level.
Sorry, i missed your post. I'm doing a hybrid Life+ES build on Talisman atm, just killed Atziri @ lvl 79. I currently have 6k effective HP and a bit over 12k tooltip dps which is 60k dps with both totems charged up + whatever i get from Poison damage over time from Consuming dark.

Build has great clear speed and is very cheap. I average ~85-90mil xp/hour in dried lake for example, more in maps. I can currently do all map mods except no regen, but with gear upgrades and jewel, that will be np too.

Here's my current gear and skill tree. Only jewel i'm using is rain of splinters.
Spoiler

I wont be updating this guide but will write a new one as hybrid life+es is superior to CI, at least as far as totems are concerned.
is this build still good on new version?
Last edited by Sidu on Dec 24, 2015, 5:52:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info