Looking for help ... Frostbow build

Hi, I'm pretty new to this game. Been leveling a Ranger, mostly solo, and just hit 59. Playing around with the passive tree and skill gems a lot, and having a lot of fun with an Ice Shot build.

Here's a tentative passive tree build.

Right now, I'm using Ice Shot/Ice Bite/Mana Leech/GMP for mob killing and Burning Arrow/Faster Attacks/Faster Projectiles/Physical Projectile Attack Damage for single target. Poacher's Mark and Blood Rage to get Frenzy charges vs. mobs and usually swapping to Temporal Chains for boss fights. Hatred is giving more DPS than Haste, so I'm using that + Vaal Haste. Ice Golem of course.

For endgame, I'll probably want a Windripper, Asphyxia's Wrath, Rat's Nest, Hyrri's Ire, maybe Berek's Grip and Tasalio's Sign.

One possibility I was looking at was using Lioneye's Fall in the jewel socket near Point Blank to convert most of the nearby Fatal Blade cluster to affect bows since that's a lot of critical chance and multiplier. Should hit everything except the far Sword Critical Strike Chance node, so it would enable +85% critical strike chance and +50% critical strike multiplier in addition to +10% physical damage.

Any thoughts, or an existing build that does what I'm going for? Thanks in advance.
Lioneye's fall range is medium, it's too short to reach that sword cluster.
Also windripper is a full ele bow. Your current tree is not appropriate for such a bow. Just aim for a good physical bow, it's easier to build and at least as efficient.

your tentative tree:
- it lacks life A LOT. You should start with the life route instead of projectile route.
- don't take jewel slots at 3 points reach. Just take the one above Fervor Frenzy charge and left to Golem's Blood first. You'll see later if you need more.
- don't take elemental damage nodes. Focus on physical or projectile nodes (read sniper cluser) which will get converted to elemetal at 50%. It's twice as effective (because they also increase the non converted part). Also Crit is important, you really need the shadow crit nodes.
- you have many wasted 10 dext points.
- + many other problems.

Good resource to read:
- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1415823
- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

They are not dedicated to ice shot but all advices provided in these thread will still be worth, as Ice Shot, just like lightning arrow or burning arrow, relies on physical damage first to generate its elemental damage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Thanks. Will check out those links.

That build is based off my current live build which I know has multiple issues since I didn't consult any guides before I started playing. Gonna have to farm a lot of Orbs of Regret, fortunately I'm not too focused on efficient leveling.

Here's an attempt at a better one.

The other contenders for unique bow I was looking at were Chin Sol and Lioneye's Glare.
Glare is a very effective, cheap bow. I would start with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info