[2.0] Chaos Storm Trapper Scion

Hi Guys,

This is the first build I have felt worth sharing, decided to build this because lametotems got so boring. I wanted to rebuild a trapper but I also wanted to use firestorm. After a couple of days I settled on whats below:

Gear:

Main gear to start:

Sunblast - Cloth belt

Deerstalker - Deerskin boots

High crit/spell damage daggers x 2

Daggers easy to find leveling
Sunblast and deerstalkers cheap as chips (few c)

At 66-68 you can make it fun:

Infernal Mantle - Widowsilk Robe

Consuming Dark - Fiend Dagger

This converts 100% of fire damage to chaos damage.

Im also using Heartbreaker - Royal Skean

For a bit of spell and crit, slight ES boost, mana and culling just to up the clear speed. A high crit high spell damage dagger is however better.

Since you end up wearing so many unique's you need to rely on your gloves and helm, rings and amu for res and life. Also aim for spell/fire damage as a bonus. ES/EV gloves & helm.

Current gear (making do with what I had lying around):

Gems:

Single Target:

Infernal Mantle:
FireTrap(old faithful)>ConcEffect>AddedChaos>IncAOE/TrapMineDamage (5L IncBurnDmg)

Mob Clear:

Deerstalker Boots:
Firestorm>MultipleTraps>IncAOE>TrapMineDamage

Whereever:

FlameGolem>Blind>FC>AddedChaos (prob not worth but fits the theme)

CWDT>TempChains (im using lvl 1 cwdt, can prob go up a few though)

FlameDash>FC>AbyslCry

Discipline / Purity of Elements / Clarity

Vaal Detonate Dead>Added Chaos (recently added, much fun).

Skill Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABBAcFtQceCNQI9A18DdEOSBEvEVARlhqBHvAgbiL0KwotqDW5PV9BlkZxRwZJUUmxS1dMs06bUDBRTFF0UlNVS1XGXfJfKmHiY0NknWpDbAhsC20Zb55wUXBScNV2b3cHfrB_xoMJg9uHE4hbidOKBow2j_qTJ5Uul5WX9JyknWOhL6KjpLGmmacrrEeus7GQtAy0xbb3t3W31r6AvorAVMDjwuzKSsrT0B_Q9dfP2FTZ4NtZ2-fljuq66-Tr9e-I7-vw1fD58Yrxs_Id8uH5Nw==

Focus in Life, ES, Crit, Crit, Power Charges, Trap Nodes, AOE

Playstyle:

Throw Firestorm Traps, abyssal cry, watch everything explode.

Rares and bosses as above but throw fire traps too.

A fun minigame is to throw a firetrap into a mob and try and abyssal cry before it evaporates. If firetrap crits, things just disappear.

Temp chains and abyssal cry make sure mobs stay in your storms.

Trap nodes in the tree give you free power charges when something triggers your traps.

Sunblast makes firestorms after a short duration even if nothing is around to trigger them, you can step backwards and kite mobs into an already procd Firestorm if you get into trouble or a trap misses a mob.

Burning ground on Fire Trap is not converted to chaos damage meaning you can still make use of inc burning damage for increased DoT on rares and bosses.

If you can keep towards the edge of mobs, manage your traps and keep an eye on your ES it is fairly easy to keep safe with little defense besides your ES and a bit of EV.

Flame Dash can get you out of serious trouble if you lose your ES, also keep an eye out for chaos damage, chaos res on gear and a flask required if you're not tuned into manually watching out for it.

Vaal Detonate Dead I added recently, Vaal Grace is probably a better option. Vaal DD's fire damage is also converted to 100% chaos damage, coupled with added chaos it does a fair amount in the right situation.

Could probably pick up some mana on kill nodes, drop clarity and maybe squeeze in AA for some added defense.

Build is pretty powerful and fairly safe even without the Consuming dark and infernal mantle, can make use of the trap ele pen nodes and fire pen gem (since I assume these dont work with conversion to chaos? Conv applies before pen?)

Notes:

First off my gear is nowhere even near ideal.

Currently only at 82 im still fairly squishy in the wrong situation, Purity of elements makes up some missing res (too many uniques in slot) sitting at about 3K HP / 3K ES. If I play carefully though I have very little scares, its head charging into mobs blasting abyssal cry for the fireworks that gets me killed.

Kind of tempted to try it with Fire Nova Mines too.

Would have to be incredibly careful if you were to use in in HC, id want to find a bit more HP and ES somewhere as ive been oneshotted a few times stepping out of place.

Im also no pro at this whatsoever, I probably have made many mistakes and appreciate any feedback or suggestions :)

Edit: just found this wonderful build guide posted before me, also suggests a chaos conversion option :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1426895

twitch.tv/Owwlll
Last edited by Owwlll on Sep 23, 2015, 3:09:58 AM
Just found a
which is going in to replace the Heartbreaker :)
twitch.tv/Owwlll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info