[1Month] Herpderps' "FireMoM" Firestorm build! 10k Effective Life & Cheap to start! [HC and SC]

Firestorm & MoM 10k Effective Life facetank build! [HC and SC Viable! CHEAP! Basicly no gear req to start up and scales insanely well! Newbie friendly skill!]

Important notes as to why I picked Firestorm for my main skill!

You end up at around 185% life and 155% max mana, plus 6 jewel slots ( 7% life per jewel, 8% mana per jewel for perfect jewels, thats 220%life and 203% mana, plus pledge of hands for endgame making amazing use of Mind over Matter.)

1. it's VERY GOOD FOR LEVELING, and for the early league to accrue currency!
2. Takes use of Mind over Matter, Warlords mark, Endurance charges, life and mana leech to become tanky even as a caster taking basicly all damage nodes on the tree!
3. I love leveling with the main skill im going to be using on a character early on, and Firestorm is a level 12 skillgem allowing me to do just that!
4. It scales VERY WELL into the lategame, its defensive and offensive at the same time, you can lay blanket firestorms before opening a box and just watch everything melt!
5. while we are using CWDT + Warlord's Mark (life and mana leech) Great for Mind over Matter! 30% of dmg taken from mana before life, making us able to facetank a lot of content!
6. Synergizes well with jewels! 7% life, 8% mana, spelldamage, fire damage/area damage/ etc, easy to get 4 prop jewels where most people wont even price the %mana and you can buy them cheap!
7. There isnt much wasted pathing in the skill tree, and I personally find the skill damn pleasing to use!
8. HALF INSTANT MANA POTION = God send for Mind over Matter! You can have a Half Instant Manapot and have a crazy amount of gulps in it, and the witch flask nodes will guarantee the instant full mana bar, making MoM very efficient!

As for lategame scaling, we are aiming fully to take use of Pledge of Hands as our main weapon, 7link firestorm, with the 100% increased mana modifier is just insanely good for Mind Over Matter!
Allows us to use a Kaoms Heart chestpiece for extra tankiness and damage, Cloak of Flame is a great alternative ()20% physical damage taken as Fire damage) is propably what im going to be using!

Passive Skilltree:
Spoiler

level 20:

level 40:

level 60:

level 80:

level 100:

TEMPLAR LEVEL 100

Bandits, Leveling, Maps soon™
Spoiler

BANDITS:
The choice here is yours pretty much, the difference is so minimal and honestly left up to ones preference.
ALIRA / ALIRA / OAK <-- for SC, the mana is pretty damn huge endgame with a pledge of hands.
OAK / ALIRA / OAK <-- for HC
LIFE / CAST SPEED / ENDURANCE CHARGE - SKILLPOINT. up to personal preference, however I suggest the endurance charge since it brings a lot of physical defence.

For leveling, prepare a firestorm, flame totem, firetrap from a templar or witch quests/vendor!

For leveling I prefer to use firetrap + Freeze Pulse from level 1 to 12. I pick up Flame totem at level 4 and that thing tanks anything for me I can't facetank while leveling.

I drop the freezepulse at 12, pick up firestorm and Flame Surge for singletarget, which i'll drop later again.

At level 16 you grab Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder and keep them till you grab Mind over Matter whenever you feel comfortable using it, I personally grab it pretty late, at around 70 or so on a new character.

For weapons you wanna get Added Damage to Spells, spelldamage, cast speed while leveling.
Some really good twinking items include Mokou's embrace, Cloak of Flame, Abberoth's Horn, anykinda fire damage uniques pretty much. On standard you can find a

you're GG untill pledge. or you can just use 2x Rare Wands with High Spelldamage, Added fire damage to spells ( 25-60+ is a high tier roll for this kinda mod ) and cast speed. proj speed is not bad since you propably wanna keep that flame totem for bosses / rares later on in maps and such. Exiles get fooled by the totem nicely aswell, and it all scales well since we're using fireskill as our main skill.

MAPS!
What

JEWELS! The Kreygasm factor. We get 6 of them!
Spoiler

You want to look for %Life, %Spelldamage % mana % Fire damage % cast speed for your jewels, Mana and life for obvious reasons, if you are going to be doing 77+maps you need a huge life pool now after the rebalancing The Awakening has done, otherwise, go batshit crazy with damage! spelldamage, spelldmg with staves, fire damage, area damage, crazy jewels.

GEMS AND LINKS!
Spoiler

Firestorm - Concentrated Effect - Fast Casting - spell Echo - Fire Penetration -Empower - Increased Duration/Item Rarity

For auras you might wanna use Arctic Armour + Clarity, Arctic Armour however will require you to gear for Dex, as the tree doesnt really grant any.

low level CWDT for lifeleech & mana leech for MoM + Arctic Breath applying frozen ground everywhere, chilling enemies
High level CWDT for big hits and Immortal call physical Immunity! ( with increased duration nodes, and gem, it can last a good 5 seconds with 20/20Q on incr duration and immortal call, and 5 endurance charges.)

Setup as follows:

Cast When Damage Taken lv.1 - Warlord's Mark - Arctic Breath - GMP

Cast When Damage Taken lv.20 - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Faster Casting

Clarity, Enduring Cry, Screw golems, I got PK'd twice the last 3 month at 95+ by boss projectiles chaining off my golem since it was in a CWDT and I was lazy. but if you feel like using one, do so carefully!

Lastly, Any and ALL feedback is welcome, Im not a supreme overlord of builds and can't stress enough that everyone likes what they like when it comes to making a character in PoE.
So
Spoiler
JUST DO IT!
and take this skilltree as a guideline and just configure it to your liking if thats whats your thing!
Last edited by irkthul on Oct 2, 2015, 2:20:51 PM
Day 1 of SC 1m league update!

Spoiler
Heres what I got after day 1, went to bed at 6am, level'd a bit slowly, only level 50. coffee in the morning and the grinding begins. oh and also, I got an exalt.

Day 2.. uhh, well, I had a exalt drop, maligaros drop, so I bought a pledge. then I had a shavronnes drop, which I traded for a Kaoms heart, so im basicly almost done gearing up on day 2. look at my mighty blue ring tho!

Spoiler
Last edited by irkthul on Oct 4, 2015, 10:47:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info