[2.03] Windz's RT Big AoE Knockback Shatter Cyclone WIP

Just a quick guide on this fun build atm. Will expand on it soon.

Passives
Spoiler

Current Tree (used in video) for softcore

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAiq-QEYLkvrx7w0rItfJuqti9NZL-Crc-g188LYPMhrMs6QDuKk0_J76nGbQtgxUgvTZlTYTZR35gQWNwEdVXl0MxWhrDMwUtdO3awdNvLlPTfu969qPuDk2SI_ajir3mVP75Y-0_lcxyqcT2xq582fcy_lQNzStQHM6vp17AiFqQVRo4WfOsqnIPsULzEXGFRtdXKWZUlG8nLzKJOth35Vfi7SCCm-FzogAEs8BmPAXvfPAfaPJ8S5Z0-tJmnhcvZOdV1oCk42oWb331xBU=

After that, fill out life nodes/scions AoE

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn
Merc: Kraityn

Stats:

Offensive

Just auras and flame golem
Spoiler

Full buffs (auras, flame golem, 6 frenzy charges and rallying cry)
Spoiler

Defense (really bad :P)
Spoiler

Gears

Spoiler

Current Gear

Essential Uniques
At least 2 white corrupted prismatic eclipse
Daresso's salute

Jewels:

The knockback on jewels isnt needed anymore as they aren't very reliable. So I opted to use knock back flasks instead. Place the static electricity between duelist and ranger

Comment:
TBH, the alphas howl isn't doing much atm. I only have it because I was planning to run wrath and anger, but it seems hard atm without lvl 3+ enlighten.

Links:
Spoiler

Order of importance:

Body:
Cyclone, Increase AoE, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage, Life Gain on Hit, Added Cold Damage

4links:
Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Curse on Hit, Poachers Mark

Aura:
Wrath, enlighten (if you have level 2+)

Fortify proc:
Cyclone, Inc AoE, Fortify

Utilities:
Blood magic, rallying cry, flame golem/chaos golem, (optional blind)
Whirling blades, faster attacks, blood magic

How the build works:
Spoiler

With this flask, you are able to knockback enemies 100% for 6 seconds while activating atziri's 10% freeze chance, giving us a total of 20% chance to freeze. The freeze is important as we want to shatter as much as possible to activate Herald of Ice linked to Curse on Hit and Poacher's Mark. Poachers mark gives us frenzy charges, sustain via life and mana on hit also 100% increased flask charges gained. This helps us give 100% uptime of our flasks.
With the large aoe, knockback is beneficial by giving us additional defense vs melee mobs along with freeze.
Since this is ran on mana and cyclone is known for its heavy mana costs, we use rallying cry to help sustain the mana cost (the added damage is also a nice bonus).
Also use the cyclone fortify when the situation requires it.

Math behind the range:
Spoiler

When dual wielding, cyclone's range is based on the largest range of the two weapon.
For example, if you dual wield a foil (7 range) and a dagger (5 range), cyclone's range will be 7 range even if it alternates weapon.

Base range of foil = 7 range
Vagan's mod = +2 local
3 white prismatic eclipse = +6 range global
Daresso's salute = +2 range
Master of arena passive = +2 range
Total = 19 range

Now with Increase AoE gem + Inc AoE passive nodes + carcass jack, you can get around 100%+ increase AoE.

Thus, 19 range x 200% = 38 range.
If you opt for more range, you can use warlords jewel +1 range = 20 range * 200% = 40 range. However, I found that the range without it is plenty and opted for more damage jewel.

Videos:
Spoiler

76 Gorge Run
https://youtu.be/pxtpUn8xGu8

Last edited by windz on Sep 21, 2015, 2:37:18 AM
this is amzing! However I cant help but say that I'm almost certain you'd get MUCH more damage if you scaled phys.
Post stats dps and def?

and how the hell do you sustain the mana cost, WITH OUT any mana leehc or mana gain on hit, nor any mana node?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 20, 2015, 10:41:10 AM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Post stats dps and def?

and how the hell do you sustain the mana cost, WITH OUT any mana leehc or mana gain on hit, nor any mana node?

see his jewels
"
LMHTB wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Post stats dps and def?

see his jewels

he only has +3mana gain on hit...how can he support a 90 mana cost wiht that?
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 20, 2015, 1:33:58 PM
Hate to be picky but its Kraityn, other than that your build looks quite fun!
Last edited by AtomicCB on Sep 20, 2015, 1:59:13 PM
"
mara5a wrote:
this is amzing! However I cant help but say that I'm almost certain you'd get MUCH more damage if you scaled phys.

Thanks for the feedback. I did have a physical version in mind and using hatred, but obtaining a clean physical foil was hard so I decided to do ele.

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Post stats dps and def?

Updated with pics. The mana reduction passives help a bit to lower it to 62 mana per cast. Then with 3 mana per hit from jewels, rallying cry's mana regen and poachers mark's mana on hit help sustain most of the time.

"
Hate to be picky but its Kraityn, other than that your build looks quite fun!

Thanks and fixed the typo!
Last edited by windz on Sep 21, 2015, 2:40:41 AM
here is my own build, its a lot more tanky and has a lot more dps, even more Aoe from tree, but i am not using a 3W prismatic/carcass jack/ so my range is a bit smaller (no need for knockback since you are tanky) (you could theorically use carcass jack for more AoE but u would lose end charge/IC combo from daresso defiance)

tree:

gear:
Spoiler

dps with buff/charge is around 43k dps (not using rallying cry)
charge are alwaus up since we are scrit (surgeon flask)
you can put vaal grace in in too (i like to put vaal grace + vaal cyclone together)
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
here is my own build, its a lot more tanky and has a lot more dps, even more Aoe from tree, but i am not using a 3W prismatic/carcass jack/ so my range is a bit smaller (no need for knockback since you are tanky) (you could theorically use carcass jack for more AoE but u would lose end charge/IC combo from daresso defiance)

tree:

gear:
Spoiler

dps with buff/charge is around 43k dps (not using rallying cry)
charge are alwaus up since we are scrit (surgeon flask)
you can put vaal grace in in too (i like to put vaal grace + vaal cyclone together)

Thanks for sharing!Your cyclone build looks great and tanky. And yeah using a prismatic eclipse really hurts the tooltip dps =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info