[Tempest] Full Chaos Incinerate, EB/MoM/BM Hybrid, Plug-and-Play!

This is a build that makes use of Eldritch Battery (EB) and Mind over Matter (MoM) for defense. It also uses Blood Magic (BM) to utilize some tricks up its sleeve. May I present to you, the plug-and-play-incinerator!

Scion was the obvious choice for this one, since I needed to branch out all over the tree. Scion also has access to some easy to get jewel slots that are kind of relevant to incinerate (like the projectile damage start). This build relies heavily on jewels for damage. I have actually cleared The Apex of Sacrifice with this character, so I guess its atziri-viable!

THE THINGS THAT MAKES THIS WORK

Infernal Mantle and The Consuming Dark together convert 100% of our fire damage to chaos damage. This is good since we dont have to worry about reflect at all. The only thing that is a bit wasted is the crit, since Incinerate cannot crit. Iv'e seen builds with the same concept as me, albeit with other skills, like magma orb.

While we're on the topic of Infernal Mantle, lets cover the EB BM MoM combo. EB and MoM is obvious. Infernal Mantle gives a huge Enerhy Shield buffer and a lot of damage, mainly because of the +1 to firegems (spellevels OP). This is understandable, but why BM?

BM completeley removes the drawback of Infernal Mantle, "100% increased Spell Damage taken when on Low Mana". This makes the chest insanely strong and there really is no reason for us not to use it. BM also interacts very well with the EB/MoM combo. Since we always use life for casting, we will never disturb the Energy Shield we have.

What I mean by that is that ES cannot regenerate if the pools below take damage. This also counts for mana and mana spending; if EB is active, es will not recharge if you're constantly casting, which we are. But since we have no mana, no problem! The ES sustains itself quite well, but far from optimal. This can be fixed, but ill talk about that later. Since we have no mana, we can use stuff like this:

And since Im BM, I dont feel safe running any auras. They simply reserve to much life. One option is to spec into some aura clusters, but I did not. The only thing I think is kinda worth the cost is Arctic Armor, but yet again I do not recommend it. On the plus side though, you dont have to do anything to setup the character when starting, hence the 'plug-and-play'!

Passives and skills
Spoiler

As I said earlier, scion really is the best for this, since the easy access for jewels and the ability to branch out. The thing is though that you can do whatever really to suit your needs. The only important thing is that you have EB, BM and MoM.

My version is optimized for incinerate, so alot of focus on castspeed and projectilestuff.

Bandits
Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Help Oak

The life is still op in my honest opinion.
We could help alira in cruel for the castspeed.
I chose the endurance charge in merciless beacuase survivability > damage (atleast in hardcore).
One can help kraityn for a frenzy charge and use the likes of blood dance for more DPS.

Passive Tree

My current Gear
Spoiler

My gear has a high focus on survivability: Life, Energy Shield and Resistances. Some slots can still get damage, like my shield (and yeah I know, im wasting the crit :p).

My jewels are used for damage. My current jewels almost increases my total DPS by 50%. Many of them can be improved but I think the point comes across.

My flasks are quite universal, one for every moment, kind of.

Gems And Links
Spoiler

(priority-order -->)

Quality on incinerate is really nice, but not needed really since we have alot of projectile speed already from tree and gem. I guess you even could swap out Faster Projectiles for something, but Im not sure to what.. Worth to note, i dont have the 6l myself. Anyway, swap out lmp for this if you need dps:

Since we use a dagger we can utilize fortify for some nice damage-reduction. You could go flame dash here but i really wanted the fortify buff, since i played this in hardcore. Getting these colors on a spirit shield can be a bitch.

Since we dont have to much defense, aside from the MoM keystone itself, we really want that Immortal Call setup. I use molten shell, since incinerate is a stationary build. MS can be swapped for something like Enhance (not as op with new Immortal Call quality).

This is the utility setup. Enduring Cry doesnt need to be here. Vaal discipline is the only buff that this character use. It makes it so I can facetank for longer, since I have no way of regenerating the ES and is relying on the recharge alone. Increased duration is good, but not needed.

The Curse can be changed to proj weakness or Poacher's Mark (frenzy charges OP), but yet again, enfeeble to good in hc.

This guy gets REALLY tanky with this setup. He actually survived stuff like Trio in Apex. He is just to tank everything for you while you basically snipe everything down. He is NOT immortal though!

We have to fill the daggerslot with a skill really to not waste the +1 level. I initially had troubles with some corrupting blood mobs, and couldn't even touch them (incinerate life). Back then i used FIRE TRAP + CONC EFFECT + TRAP AND MINE DAMAGE for the unkillable mobs. But life leech gets leechrate per level now, so after some time you will eventually leech over the DOT. Flametotem synergizes well with proj weakness.

Current stats
Spoiler

Dont need to show buffed stats... ;)

Gameplay
Spoiler

Even though this character has BM (a lot of life), EB and MoM, it's not just a "tank and spank" build all the time.

I rely heavily on my leech to tank stuff. The build dont mitigate physical hits other than the MoM EB combo. Certain bosses can be tanked, for example i have no problem tanking Kaom in merciless. Daresso on the other hand, hurts a bit more. If you want to tank I recommend popping vaal discipline asap as possible.

You can do mistakes and not get punished to hard, like standing in the wrong place. we have a huge buffer of life at almost 9.5K. The immortal call setup lasts a good 3 seconds too, which helps alot. Molten shell helps against smaller enemies / a lot of small hits,

So, what I do is:
- Make sure to have golem alive, my life can depend on it.
- Set up the totem so it hits as many mobs as possible.
- Spray the mobs down with incinerate.

This is the three rules to be used with this build. You have to decide when to bail yourself. Remember that the whirling blades setup is fast to use.

Levling
Spoiler

You can actually start to use incinerate quite early now. There are three uniques which I recommend:

What I did was using fire traps aswell as Incinerate up until the rev-rod. In that you put Incinerate, faster projectiles and lmp. Your dmg can lack a bit since you rely on the jewels and shadowarea.

I rushed for points right before the keystones MoM and EB and took everything relevant on the way. When I picked BM, the next 2 levels where EB and MoM. That is the core of this build.

I switched to The Consuming Dark at level 70, and up until that I was using rev-rod and lifesprig (i really like the reg-part of lifesprig as incinerate).

The tree, broken down:
GREEN = core
YELLOW = Synergizes, kind of need to be taken at the same time.
BlUE = higher levels
RED = optional

You can go from Hired Killer directly to ballistic mastery and sniper past master of force. This is what I did. If you take this part later, damage may lack. Respec later into blue path.

Videos

NOTE: Post is WIP.
Last edited by Qupex on Sep 16, 2015, 6:21:06 PM
First of all, very nice build, I am playing it up now.
Did you avoid Iron Grip deliberately?
It should add 46% to your damage multiplier?

Apologies if I have misunderstood the mechanics.

Felix
Nevermind, figured it out. Iron Grip only works on projectile attacks.
i swamp fp for faster casting (playing darkshrine sc) what i can put in 6l fire damage or chaos dmg?

build doing t13-14 maps easy and very safe very nice build
Last edited by Czajkus on Nov 25, 2015, 10:25:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info