End of current challenge leagues?

Hey folks.

Does the announcement of the one month event starting in the first or second week of October imply that the current challenge leagues will also end by this time?

When the one month events are over, will new challenge leagues start then?

Unfortunately there is absolutely no hint on that in today's news post ... especially the date for end of Warbands/Tempest league would be nice to know for all those who are still working on their challenges.
From what I understood current leagues ends at the same time.
GGG doesnt like to give exact ending dates this early. It tends to cause mass panic :D
In standard league EX value rising up drastically. Maybe its a sign
I don't think they will end challenges before one month race. These events will run concurrently imo. They will probably end around the same time and then a couple weeks off before new challenges.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
I don't think they will end challenges before one month race. These events will run concurrently imo. They will probably end around the same time and then a couple weeks off before new challenges.

I would say that past history suggests the contrary. In the past few leagues, they have concluded and then promptly (within 2 weeks) started a 1 month challenge league. I do not see why this time would be any different. The challenge league this go around hasn't been all the exciting (at least in Warbands). I can't imagine they would want to further divest their playerbase. I would not be surprised if the leagues ended the end of September. This gives GGG the 2 week break they typically do while maintaining the 1 month challenge league timeframe.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

Chris already stated that the challenge leagues will end when the one-month event starts.

See here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1416665/filter-account-type/staff#p11616532
Specifically:
"We will definitely announce the end of those leagues once a date is known, but if we run a one-month event, those leagues will end at that point. If that's early October, then they will have lasted three months. If it's later, they'll approach four months in length. Sorry for the vagueness, but I do want to clarify that this special event would not be run contemporaneously with existing challenge leagues."

Meaning, the current challenge leagues will either run until early October, or a bit longer if the one-month event starts later.
Last edited by Psyringe on Sep 8, 2015, 12:12:23 PM
I don't disagree, but I still think this time will be a bit different.

GGG will go with some sort of throwback league. They will keep the challenge leagues going for people to complete challenges/don't want to participate. My reason is that the one month league is only fun while you are completing challenges and not all people want to build a throw away char (more throw away than challenge leagues). Once complete there is no purpose to play and many are done after a two weeks. This gives players an extended break, which should be avoided imo. Two weeks is fine, a month off is too much. We'll see, I may be completely wrong. ;)

Edit: looks like i was proven wrong while typing!
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Sep 8, 2015, 12:18:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info