Boss difficulty rating on map info

So it seems to be common problem that map bosses can either be considered a nuke to a cake walk. The problem comes when it isn't known if the map's boss is hard or not. Why not add the knowledge of the map's boss to the description since it is a fairly static thing. Just something like difficulty ratings to know if the map boss is going to be easy to die to.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well, find out yourself how hard the boss is for your build. For example, the Crematorium boss is an insta-RIP to one of my characters while the other one does not even take any damage. On the flipside, the Necropolis boss is doable as double boss for my first mentioned character while it is scary in the single version for the other. It also depends on how experienced you are with the boss. Torture Chamber without knowing the fight? Really hard. After knowing the fight? Much easier (but still difficult).

So, while certain bosses (Necropolis, Torture Chamber) are certainly harder than others (Vaal Pyramid, Underground River, Arsenal), it is really hard to tell how tough you will find the boss fight. Go and explore - it is fun :). I ran Atziri without watching any videos first as well, turned out that it was pretty damn hard.

Other than that, check here, there is a bit of a hint:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
ChezTheJew wrote:
So it seems to be common problem that map bosses can either be considered a nuke to a cake walk. The problem comes when it isn't known if the map's boss is hard or not. Why not add the knowledge of the map's boss to the description since it is a fairly static thing. Just something like difficulty ratings to know if the map boss is going to be easy to die to.

Because it's very subjective. What's difficult for one build can be trivial for another.

Example 1: Quarry. Huge amounts of chaos damage. Scarey!! But a CI char laughs at it and it's completely trivial.

Example 2: Orchard. OMG huge melee damage and insane projectile attacks!! A summoner asks, "Wait, there was a boss in this room?"

You can find an attempt at making a boss difficulty rating in the wiki:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map

But in a game with such build diversity you can't really rate them for all builds.

ETA: Char1983 beat me to it :)
Last edited by AxxiusEQ on Sep 3, 2015, 6:38:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info