Please fix Frost Wall

Given the description in patch 2.0.2f, it didn't sound like the intention was to nerf this skill so harshly and destroy the builds dependent on it, but just to fix a crash exploit. Is it possible we could see GGG restore the functionality of the skill, either to its 1.3.0 or 2.0.0 status, while fixing crashing specifically?

It seemed that any crashing introduced in 2.0.2 was possibly a result of the "bypass cooldown by expending cooldown" also bypassing the cooldown on trigger gems, ie the 0.05 ms cooldown on cast on critical strike, which would let it spawn far more frost walls (well, infinite amount) than the previous limit of 20 per second in 1.3.0. The skill was never so crashy in 1.3.0, and didn't seem exploitable. If just that specific interaction could be changed, could we get the skill restored as it was? Or is directly nerfing it and destroying the builds using it intended?

If that was the problem, it would be nice to see it revisited asap, and if it wasn't the problem, is it possible you guys could explore other methods of capping the skill, for example limiting the number of frost walls that can be active at once? Most minions have that treatment.
Last edited by clan_iraq on Sep 28, 2015, 10:38:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump
GGG needed to stop the exploiters crashing the servers ASAP, so this is the best they could come up with in an emergency situation. I'm sure they'll listen to other ideas.

I think a good solution in the long run is to simply limit the number of frost walls that can exist simultaneously. For example, if there are already 5 walls up, the skill will remove the oldest existing wall before spawning a new one.
I'm running level-11 Frost Wall triggered by level-3 CwDT, and it works pretty much the same as before the last patch. It's a good defense, but definitely needs a cap on how many walls can exist at once. With more than a few walls, the battlefield gets too cluttered and they're just in the way.
Bump
bump
bump
bump
bump
Dont mind me, just bumping this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info