Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

An important part of our development process is the review we do after the release of an expansion. Taking community feedback into account, the success of various features and improvements is discussed. This often results in relatively large changes being made (or undone!)

In 2.0.3, some changes to drop rates have been made:

Four unique items have been made more common based on their role as twinking items. These items are Storm Cloud, Wake of Destruction, Brightbeak and Goldrim. The latter two have had the rarity changes made in The Awakening reverted. While these are powerful twinking items, we feel it's a lot more fun when people have easier access to them.

Many Divination Cards have been made more common. While they're still not a trivial shortcut to wealth acquisition, we now have the data we need to raise their drop rates in a safe way. They should be a lot more farmable now.

All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Many of these items are important components of powerful end-game builds. While we like the fact that those builds take massive effort to complete, it was probably too much. Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth.

Uniques from old leagues (currently only available through Zana) are the exception to the above change and have not had their drop rates modified. They're meant to be next-to-impossible to get.

We expect to deploy 2.0.3 on Thursday, NZ time. The combination of these changes should contribute to a more rewarding play experience.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last bumped on May 31, 2016, 9:18:34 AM
interesting!
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
time for my first t1 drop!
I'm not sure about this, but I'll go with the flow.
"
Chris wrote:

All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Bingo.

Good change.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
Last edited by Ventor on Aug 31, 2015, 11:31:27 PM
4 times the disappointment when i get another veil of the night.

Haha but really awesome job will be nice to know there is a more realistic chance at getting some end game build builders
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Items drop? in PoE? please don't wake me from this glorious dream
Let it Rain!
If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!
Does the change to those Uniques drop rate apply to chance orbs too?
Very cool!

cant wait to see these items :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info