Revamping PvP

1) Deacrease overall damage and life regen
2) Buff life leech
3) We need an official post about each skill and its behaviour in pvp (by exemple, did you change its damage effectiveness?)

Why am I writing this? Well because pvp should not be an experiment in finding the best way to one shot your enemy at the greatest range possible. In it's current state, there are many ways to one shot your enemy off screen, what ever the life or resists he has. And this is happenng already in 1v1, so imagine in 3v3 what oneshot focused builds together can do.

Also, we need more and bigger arenas, and please decrease the number of object blocking the view/camera. Idealy there should only be objects blocking movement and attacks but not view./camera Since path of exile has a locked camera, there are a lot of situations where pillards or walls (even trees) mess with the view to a point where you can't see anything or can't ask to move to a place / target an enemy.

Anyone else agreeing?

-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Aug 31, 2015, 5:37:50 AM
I assume you are talking about HLD? Anyways, oneshotting good builds is possible really only through bow mines/traps and molten shell, which are things that can be played around. Since it is fairly easy to make an immortal build in standard, I'm guessing it is even easier to make one in temp leagues since there aren't really any mirror worthy weapons. So the overall damage is definitely not too high I feel. there are simply sooooo many ways to reduce incoming damage in HLD.

How exactly would you nerf life regen for pvp? Also regarding life leech, there is this node that makes you immune to enemy life leech.. Hard to buff life leech as long as the node exists.

As for skill behavior, there is a very good list of things in poe wiki under "player versus player". The page includes all the special T values and possible pvp damage reductions for each skill.
If GGG truly balanced pvp, they would have two teams, one for HLD and one for LLD and those two worlds would be very different.

An immortal build will not be able to kill a build with proper dps/survivability build, and I don't see the probleme behind this existing. Pvp should never be balanced around 1v1, if people enter 1v1 arena expecting to just troll by not beeing able to die, its up to them, but they will not gain rating, so in the end you wont encounter them that much.

Again, since GGG stated many times that they do not intend balance the game around permanent leagues, pvp balance should not be made around mirror gear existing or legacy gear.

A one shot mecanic, is a one shot mecanic, and it should not existe. Yes you can one shot with traps, but there are also other ways to one shot. To talk about traps, how do you counter traps that have a whole screen of trigger range, clever construction, and if they active you instantly die?

I was speaking about nerfing life regen to balance the decrease in damage I was suggesting. I think beeing able to regen your total life under 10 seconds without spending any mana or flask or a cooldown, or having to stand still, even while taking damage, is in a way toxic and force people to find ways to oneshot.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Aug 31, 2015, 5:56:36 AM
"
Zybeline2 wrote:
If GGG truly balanced pvp, they would have two teams, one for HLD and one for LLD and those two worlds would be very different.

They already are very different and the balance is actually closer to good than you think. There really is a surprising amount of things you can do to overcome these imbalances people talk about.

"
Zybeline2 wrote:
An immortal build will not be able to kill a build with proper dps/survivability build, and I don't see the probleme behind this existing. Pvp should never be balanced around 1v1, if people enter 1v1 arena expecting to just troll by not beeing able to die, its up to them, but they will not gain rating, so in the end you wont encounter them that much.

A decent 1v1 balance is a good place to start balancing 3v3 which is a lot more complicated. I agree with you to an extent though since 3v3 pvp is super fun in poe. The more I've thought about it, the more it seems 3v3 is what the focus should be on in the long run.

"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Again, since GGG stated many times that they do not intend balance the game around permanent leagues, pvp balance should not be made around mirror gear existing or legacy gear.

Even more so, the damage is very low in temp leagues and it is so much easier to make an immortal char. I would even argue that the damage is too low in HLD temp leagues.

"
Zybeline2 wrote:
Yes you can one shot with traps, but there are also other ways to one shot. To talk about traps, how do you counter traps that have a whole screen of trigger range, clever construction, and if they active you instantly die?

In HLD nothing oneshots apart from bow traps/mines and molten shell. Your character simply is not good or has some serious weaknesses, if it gets oneshot by something else. Also like I said, you can work around those mechanics with simple things like swapping quill rain and use ROA + increased aoe. That's probably the only good one against mines/traps but there are plenty of ways to deal with molten shell.

"
Zybeline2 wrote:
I think beeing able to regen your total life under 10 seconds without spending any mana or flask or a cooldown, or having to stand still, even while taking damage, is in a way toxic and force people to find ways to oneshot.

In some ways I agree that regen can be problematic. Since I dont like the idea of immortal characters and ES/life regen is the source of the immortality, I guess something should be done to encourage people to spec away from regen and towards more active characters.
"
lapiz wrote:

In HLD nothing oneshots apart from bow traps/mines and molten shell. Your character simply is not good or has some serious weaknesses, if it gets oneshot by something else. Also like I said, you can work around those mechanics with simple things like swapping quill rain and use ROA + increased aoe. That's probably the only good one against mines/traps but there are plenty of ways to deal with molten shell.

I dont know, one can get "one shot" pretty easy by your dual mirror bleeding or your whispering ice.

Granting it s not real one shots but the light speed damage those builds are doing is pretty much the same. Even if it does look like you have a chance to escape in reality after you get hit and start to react it s allready too late.

Also some players like Nurse can pretty much deal 5k dps just from the crit of his lighting strike . Even with 10k life you get 2 shot instead of one, it is still insane damage.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Aug 31, 2015, 12:31:33 PM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

I dont know, one can get "one shot" pretty easy by your dual mirror bleeding or your whispering ice.

if you are getting 1shot by a whispering ice build, you are doing something wrong.
the strenght of whispering ice is being able to chill the ground and slow your opponent even more with temp chain, so you will get hit lot of times. the damage isnt high, and in plus it has a wide x-y so sometimes you will die in 3-4-5 hits, other times you can just afk tank whole storm.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
lolozori wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

Granting it s not real one shots but the light speed damage those builds are doing is pretty much the same. Even if it does look like you have a chance to escape in reality after you get hit and start to react it s allready too late.

Also some players like Nurse can pretty much deal 5k dps just from the crit of his lighting strike . Even with 10k life you get 2 shot instead of one, it is still insane damage.

my build is just another autistic experiment tbh. My build is just a blind dps focus, you can outplay me with high mobility / strong curses.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
tempallo wrote:

if you are getting 1shot by a whispering ice build, you are doing something wrong.
the strenght of whispering ice is being able to chill the ground and slow your opponent even more with temp chain, so you will get hit lot of times. the damage isnt high, and in plus it has a wide x-y so sometimes you will die in 3-4-5 hits, other times you can just afk tank whole storm.

I put "one shot" in quote. Of course it s not literally a one shot but the speed you get killed under the AOE of a good whispering ice build is pretty close.

You said it, chilling the floor mixed with temp chain makes anyone who s melee entering the area of effect in danger. The escape is most of the time impossible.

It s the same shit saying if you die from EA you are doing something wrong.

The fact is, very soon we will see whispering ice build all over the board.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 1, 2015, 4:30:36 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
tempallo wrote:

I put "one shot" in quote. Of course it s not literally a one shot but the speed you get killed under the AOE of a good whispering ice build is pretty close.

You said it, chilling the floor mixed with temp chain makes anyone who s melee entering the area of effect in danger. The escape is most of the time impossible.

It s the same shit saying if you die from EA you are doing something wrong.

The fact is, very soon we will see whispering ice build all over the board.

tempest shield with 45+ spell block and/or ranged attacks which have 15K+ dps is enough to counter whispering ice imho, you just need high spell block
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:

tempest shield with 45+ spell block and/or ranged attacks which have 15K+ dps is enough to counter whispering ice imho, you just need high spell block

Wait did you said that to Afhak before he engaged his 2h in this 3 vs 3 you done with lapiz last time? :P

Unfortunatly not all build are using a shield.

Not saying all build should be able to counter whispering ice but when even Afhak with his 10k life and whatever insane regen goes down in 2 sec under the ice, you might think a skill like that might need to be nerfed a little.

Look at it this way, i talked about your build 1-2 shoting players around (to explain that Yes some builds can 1 shot and No it snot because the other player do something wrong) but i would never call it to get nerfed because you need a lot of effort and exalts to create it.

Whispering ice in the other hand can allready do incredible damage for just 20-30ex (like EA).

This is why i think such Item should be nerfed.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 2, 2015, 3:19:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info