Eyedol's Tanky SRS/Summoner Build (6.7K HP, Lightning Coil, 240% minion dmg)

This build is for those who want a tanky summoner setup. Minion dps is very high but not optimised as frankly for all content except uber atziri its not necessary as SRS kills stuff so fast anyway. Personally I'd rather kill things 0.1 secs slower but be able to survive better in high level maps than a 4k hp fully optimised SRS build that is susceptible to one shots.

Current stats @ 95:

6,747 life (8,771 effective life with legacy lightning coil)
509 ES
240% minion dmg
463 life regen/sec
0.23 tooltip cast time for SRS with haste (but no vaal haste)
17% armour
17% evasion
113% fire res
122% cold res
113% lightning res
-34% chaos res

Current gear:

Spoiler
You could swap lightning coil for belly of the beast if you are struggling with resists - belly will give you around 600 more life. I personally prefer lightning coil. Focus on capping your resists and getting life on gear. After that add some IIR where you can.

Gem setup per the linked gear. I run 5 zombies and 2 spectres. I find 21/20 zombies with the combo of minion life + fortify + minion & totem resists in a +2 helm are almost unkillable. Great meatshields! Revenant spectres are for extra dps. You could add generosity + hatred and drop the portal gem if you like. As I said above, this build kills stuff so fast anyway I haven't bothered with it.

Jewels:

Spoiler

Tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwD7gQHBLMI9BEtFCAV5xa_FvMYVhzcHb4i9CY8JpUo-iycL50y0TOHNZI6WDrhPC09_D8nQYdFR0WdR35KyEyzTblN41BCUEdTNVNSVUtVxlhjWW1akV8_X5hh4mVNaHRo8mpDaqxr22wLbRluqm87c7N343gNeWh7w3yDfRiCx4Nfg8yD24TZhWCIQIqvjDaMz48akBGTJ5SgmuChL6IAplemrKh9qW6qxKyYtfK3PriTvOq9Nr6KwBrAVMBmwQTMvM8y0B_T-9hN2L3aYuvu7IrvDu_r8B_wa_JF9kj31_no_gr-jw==

Bandits:

Spoiler
Oak - Alira - Passive

Flasks

Spoiler

The key to this build is vagan's blood magic mod on the staff. You save so many passive points not having to worry about mana/mana regen and can instead focus on life, minion dmg and jewel nodes.

463 life regen means we never need to worry about casting our SRS (life cost = 222), even on half regen maps. Its also great for those times when you are out of life pots. You also out regen burning/desecrated ground effects which is really nice.

Anyway, thats it. Feel free to ask any questions. This char was previously specced as elemental buzzsaw so I can't offer much in the way of levelling advise. Probably go flame totem until 50+ at which point transition into SRS.

Last edited by Eyedol on Aug 31, 2015, 4:20:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info