Death's Oath's Chaos Damage

Does it increase with the increased Chaos Damage passives?
No, it comes from an item, not from you, so it can't be scaled except on the receiving side via shock status or vulnerability curse.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 30, 2015, 3:44:46 PM
"
raics wrote:
No, it comes from an item, not from you, so it can't be scaled except on the receiving side via shock status or vulnerability curse.

Is this known for certain? Last I checked weapons were also items and you can scale their damage through passives.
It's different, the weapon is something you use as a base for your skills but you are the source of damage. In the case of Death's Oath the item deals damage on its own, same as desecrated ground created by Lightbane or damage on block on Temu but different from Bino which only proliferates the effect you are creating.

The creator of the unique confirmed that you can scale its damage by anything that scales an aoe chaos degen (generic damage increase, dot, and chaos damage, etc...).
-
Yeah, I saw that post but never saw a build that does any noticeable amount of damage with it so I don't think Oath is an exception to the rule.

It doesn't scale. There has never been evidence it does scale with any character-side modifiers.
The supported did not get what she thinks she paid for.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info