Animate Guardian - Dual Shields?

So the wiki says that if you take Necromantic Aegis, the guardian can effectively get 2 shields (the one he/she wears and the one your char wears)

If you use the same shield that your animated guardian uses, do the effects stack? Does the block chance double?

How does this work???
No mumbo-jumbo whatsoever, you just add all the stats together and that's it, block chance, mods, everything.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Holy moly guacamole.

I am so happy right now.
Another question so I don't have to post a new thread -

Does Facebreakers work with reflect damage? Aka will the reflect physical be scaled ?
No, that damage comes from an item, it isn't delivered by the one that wears it so it can't be scaled in any way. It's the same with all item effects, like desecrated ground from Lightbane or chaos aura from Death's oath.

Ah that makes sense. Sorry to ask many questions - I've tried googling and can't really nail down the answers too well.

If I use Necromantic Aegis and Tempest Shield do the minions also get the effect on block? I know it would still affect me as the wiki says so, but wondering if it also applies to them.

Thanks so much!
No, Aegis says 'minions get all bonuses from shield instead of you', it does no more or less than that. Minions get the stats and you're still holding a shield for purposes of certain skills and passives but it's effectively a tabula rasa.

So, minions don't have tempest shield on them and will no bonuses that come from it, just the bonuses from shield itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info