Cyclone vs Ice Crash? Context inside

I'm trying for a 75 and 64% block build with Lazhwar's, Rainbowstride, Bringer of Rain (RRRG corrupted) and Crest of Perandus, the latter two legacy.

I'm still taking Resolute Technique and my current best 1H is a Cameria's Maul with perfect +phys, moderate +cold and weak +crit which I won't be using.

The problem is I couldn't find a 4R Bringer of Rain, and I don't really know what to put in the green slot if I go Ice Crash (better AoE + stationary for Arctic Armour).

My current idea would be Ice Crash Fortify Blood Magic Hypothermia
...against Cyclone Lifeleech Fortify Blood Magic.

Blood Magic is there because 95% mana reserved, if anyone's wondering.
I could also do lifeleech on Ice Crash if I cut either Enfeeble, the mobility skill or Enduring Cry

The Cyclone setup is obviously better once I upgrade from Cameria's, but that's a bit too rich for my blood at the moment.
Ice Crash is safer, especially if you add some reduced stun threshold gear into the mix. That combined with your block chance will mean you very rarely take damage.

Cyclone is cool because you can't be stunned out of it so you don't need to run unwavering stance and you can use evasion if you want. It also does a ton of damage and the ability to move while attacking is very underrated as a defensive stat.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Yes, the moving around was one of the things I liked most about Cyclone. The damage didn't leave me overwhelmed, though.

I think I'll stick to Ice Crash, if just because then I can focus on upgrading my other gear and stick to the Cameria's for now - also the massive spikes of ice are a way better graphic than spin2win (if the BoR wasn't corrupted I swear I'd be tempted to chuck increased AoE in there even though it's very weak).

Also I get to try out how Hypothermia works with the Arctic Armour chilling trail (the Cameria's magic find might swamp me with junk rares from white frozen mobs but that's a first world problem if there ever was one).

No evasion, though; it interferes with blocking. Another dilemma is that without a chestpiece, if I want to run Reckoning and Riposte, I can only generate charges off them if I put them in the same piece of gear with Stun and EC on Melee Stun - and no extra damage.

Given that I'm running Enduring Cry anyway, and the BoR will renew my charges from time to time, should I just chuck Lifeleech and Melee Damage in there?
(ideally I'd want to have Reckoning with LL-melee dmg in a 3link since it's AoE and Riposte with charge generation and +melee since its base damage is so high. This would leave the chest for the Ice Crash and the other 4links for the CWDT setup and the utility stuff).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info