[Tempest] Pale Vampire King Block Build - 100 Viable - CHEAP.

This perticular build is done with static strike, but you can use wild strike, cyclone or whatever attack you want. The base of this build is our faux Aegis Aurora,(Crown of the pale king + Thousand Teeth Temu Shield) The aim of the whole test is to make a build that plays like aegis for 1/20th of the price.

PROS

Spoiler
Cheap entry.
Can scale past 6k hp with nice life rolls on gear.
Huge variations of the build can be done the shield and helm is the key stones. (gem setups etc.)
Extremely safe.
Good to play while relaxing, no heavy concentration needed.
The build would get extremely powerful if any type of thorns aura were introduced.
Lots of gear options 3 cheap uniques to get it off the ground.
Its fun to try and find ways to make the perfect tank with nice damage. (I LOVE TANKS)
Easily get those hardcore achievements.

CONS

Spoiler
Its slow but i find it enjoyable reminds me of playing a smiter in d2.
Party play you will scale terrible.
Not a lot of magic find requires exspensive rings and gloves to get much of it on there.

I dont play hardcore at ALL ever and i got the immortal achievement (lvl 80 character in hardcore) on this character in an underground river (76) map i did just before the orchard below.

I knew that these two items would be able to carry anybody to 100 in relative safety as long as you dont play stupid and even when playing COMPLETELY STUPID and trying to rip with just a bit of flask management your still fine.

This is stupid as an FYI facetanking duel orchard boss when your block is still far from maxed and in complete dumpster gear but hey we did it anyway. Heh i didnt even notice the summoner exile on the way to the boss until she walked out of the clump.

http://youtu.be/uF2UIg4Bld4

So first character in hardcore, 1->80 times used alt+f4 = 0
Maps reached. 76 which is where i hit 80 ;)
Entry level cost. 1-2 exalts (excluding soultaker) 6 if you include it.(6 links in tempest are under an exalt from the abundance of them from corrupting tempests)
Potential ? As high as you want, the gear can be scaled really well this is the most basic gear. (In my spoiler sections which i used to 76 maps)

Best In Slot Gear.

Best in slot chest would be an astral plate with high armor / life and chaos res and tier 1 reflect.
Boots rainbow stride for the spell block. +1 frenzy BiS.
Rings any res dps life rings maybe throw some mf in there.
Amulet 4% block Stone of Lahzwar
Belt +1 endurance charge meginord or a rustic sash with all the nice mods. life armor tri res etc.
Helm + shield ? Silly people ;P
Weapon ? Depending really you can slot whatever you want here soul taker just lets you not manage mana and take a 3rd aura.
Gloves duel res / attack speed / life. armor base. Maybe some magic find on them or even corrupted with a CoH.

SUSTAIN - The Faux Aegis At Work

This vid below shows the pure sustain of the helm and shield not using any attacks to show you can survive from the reflect life and lgoh alone once you add potting and leech from attacks your golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSdG-JtnVSw

This vid below is the very first time you are able to equip the gear needed to make it work. (Tempest)

https://youtu.be/HOxhb5Pq3WI

TREE: lvl 63.

2 Needed Jewels are Fluid Motion and Brute Force Solution until tree is filled out more and we have more dex and int on gear. Cost me an alch each.

Tree FINAL:

BANDITS

Normal - Help oak for the 40hp
Cruel - Kill all for the skill point
Merciless - Help oak for the endurance charge.

Gear Used in Vid at 63

Spoiler

Got my non corrupted 6 link here ;D

Soul Taker is on loan till i can get my own. Rest of the gear excluding the 6 link was less then an exalt. If we include the corrupted one i used listed in my leveling gear and i was using my other axe It would be VERY cheap to get going.

Spoiler

Gear I Leveled With.

Spoiler

Current gear used in 76 maps.

Spoiler

So at the moment with very bad gems we are at 11k tooltip not including explosions. I have the same build on standard where i first did the test bed and my templar has 49982k static strike using soul taker. A user below posted a dagger alternative using a sai and going crit dagger which would be much more dps but requires a bit more gear to be transitioned into.

The build is fully automated with self casting endurance charges and frenzy charges and left untouched will generate charges and proc 6 charge immortal calls and also gain frenzy just sitting still, not to mention cast our tempest shield summon a golem use molten shell all with you not pressing a button.

LGoH is doing a lot of work with all our retaliations and our regen is crazy high.

With perpetual flasks we can generate a nearly unlimited flask pool and with flask nodes later on in the mid 70's this is even better.

While flasked we were at 90% capped reduction and 65% evade. This isnt even counting arctic armor.

Our block is also only at half potential still a long ways to fill out yet. Meaning our LGoH is only at half potential.

Final Build should have around 4.5k - 5k life.

LGoH per block / reflect will be 450++ Depends on gem levels and armor.

Defeated Vaaled Corrupted double boss double crit museum at lvl 72. Not even max block.

Spoiler

Last edited by stormyknight on Aug 31, 2015, 5:00:18 AM
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
UPDATED:

Added bunch of new vids, made some new posts regarding gear and strategy in general, listed some pro's cons and fleshed it out a little.

I dont have all that much more interest in updating this as a guide, all the stepping stones are there and most of the path to glory is shown just fill in your blanks. I'll try to answer any questions if they come up.
Bandits?
"
shizakos wrote:
Bandits?

edited in the original post
Posting a tree with 123 points seems pointless. Killspeed also seems abhorrent to be honest. Very low life % from tree. And doing double boss orchid with no scary mods is one thing (there are still some ugly damage spikes in that vid from what seem to be white mobs - its the block and evasion that keeps you sustained between hits). But many things in this game cannot be blocked or spell blocked. The deadliest things will catch you unaware when you least expect it. Explosions, bleeds and DOT's, laser from torture chamber boss, etc. If you had to try a higher level map with at least 2 - 3 dangerous mods making for a nasty combo (fx. vuln / extra dmg as lightning + shocked ground) how would you fare?
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Posting a tree with 123 points seems pointless. Killspeed also seems abhorrent to be honest. Very low life % from tree. And doing double boss orchid with no scary mods is one thing (there are still some ugly damage spikes in that vid from what seem to be white mobs - its the block and evasion that keeps you sustained between hits). But many things in this game cannot be blocked or spell blocked. The deadliest things will catch you unaware when you least expect it. Explosions, bleeds and DOT's, laser from torture chamber boss, etc. If you had to try a higher level map with at least 2 - 3 dangerous mods making for a nasty combo (fx. vuln / extra dmg as lightning + shocked ground) how would you fare?

Eh there was no real spike damage other then from the boss's i think your referring to the part where the summoner exile was in the middle of a clump and i didnt realise, she was detonating minions on me.

Not claiming the build is a speed demon, its lazy hold right click and pass some time. Its also in the very cheapest of gear other then the soul taker. Bleeds and dots will kill even the most powerful builds but you know you can just press a potion to counter that.

I ran a 75 canyon with 86% added cold and some other mods, made a vid of it ill upload it later tonight and post it. Like it said in the earlier OP, the build is if you just want a character that can get things done for little cost.

Heh i dont really have higher maps to try when i do get them ill run them, im only lvl 80 this is my only hardcore character so im just running what i have.
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Eh there was no real spike damage other then from the boss's i think your referring to the part where the summoner exile was in the middle of a clump and i didnt realise, she was detonating minions on me.

Not claiming the build is a speed demon, its lazy hold right click and pass some time. Its also in the very cheapest of gear other then the soul taker. Bleeds and dots will kill even the most powerful builds but you know you can just press a potion to counter that.

I ran a 75 canyon with 86% added cold and some other mods, made a vid of it ill upload it later tonight and post it. Like it said in the earlier OP, the build is if you just want a character that can get things done for little cost.

Heh i dont really have higher maps to try when i do get them ill run them, im only lvl 80 this is my only hardcore character so im just running what i have.

Cool, thanks for mature reply and not taking anything personal - was only some critique. I like tanks too, but in POE its really hard to make proper tanks with good dps, even with high investment. Even gellig's tank with 100s of exalt in gear is nothing to write home about when it comes to clearspeed O_O. Looking forward to canyon video and good luck with your build in tempest.
"

Cool, thanks for mature reply and not taking anything personal - was only some critique. I like tanks too, but in POE its really hard to make proper tanks with good dps, even with high investment. Even gellig's tank with 100s of exalt in gear is nothing to write home about when it comes to clearspeed O_O. Looking forward to canyon video and good luck with your build in tempest.

Still yet to upload the canyon BUT i did also run this map which let me just say that at 82 in my gear it was still terrifying, everything wanted to 1 shot me :D got it done though. I dont know if you can get much more dangerous mods.. Im sure you can but really...

Anyways still in the same gear when i did it. i would not run a map like this again until i have made some substantial upgrades as this was the very brink of my current gears ability.

"
stormyknight wrote:
"

Still yet to upload the canyon BUT i did also run this map which let me just say that at 82 in my gear it was still terrifying, everything wanted to 1 shot me :D got it done though. I dont know if you can get much more dangerous mods.. Im sure you can but really...

Anyways still in the same gear when i did it. i would not run a map like this again until i have made some substantial upgrades as this was the very brink of my current gears ability.

Yeah that's a crazy map. Well done on clearing it, crit mod + vuln with some bloodline combos = O_O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info