[2.0] AngryWeasel's CoC Magic Skold's/Daresso Wander [HC-Tempest Viable]

After many requests on my stream I hereby bring my CoC Magics guide!

This was a build I had theory-crafted after playing around with a Daresso's defiance chest. Originally I also wanted to get permanent Immortal Call running but since Kinetic blast only took 184 Life per shot I was never able to get it going for that I would need to activate Cast When Damage taken on a single shot.

But Onslaught still worked perfectly and I was able to keep a 90%+ uptime on it through maps. For those who don't know onslaught it adds 20% Attack/Cast & Movement speed.

Let's take a closer look shall we? :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gear:
Spoiler

Offense:
Spoiler

Defense: Without flasks/With Flasks
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels: Chill of corruption, and at least 2 jewels with 2 mana gained on hit rest of the stats can be resists if u lack that or stats if you have enough of those things on gear go for crit chance and crit multi

Bandits: Oak-Point-Alira

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Leveling:
Melee until lvl 44
I started out with cleave and dual The Screaming Eagle (Unique 1h Axe) until lvl 13 then I switched to Sweep with a Limpsplit (Unique 2h axe)
at lvl 18 I switched to Wideswing (Unique 2h Axe) & at lvl 22 I switched to Quecholli (unique 2h Mace) at lvl 27 I switched to Geofri's Baptism (Unique 2h Mace)

Sweep setup
Sweep - Melee phys - Faster attacks - added fire

I used that until lvl 44 where I switched to dual wands and dual flame totems with The three Dragons (Unique helmet)

The wands should look something like this:

Flame totem setup
Flame totem - Fire penetration - Faster Casting

Leveling tree:
Tree

I start out going to the Templar area since we don't really need the extra damage for the melee section of the leveling other than the AoE nodes for Sweep I just focused on the life and getting ready to switch to dual flame totems I went to the Shadow area as the last thing. It will cost around 30 ish regret points to do it like this but the leveling is a lot faster and since time is money I think it's well spend.

I would recommend changing into the spec at level 71 since at that point you will have most of the important nodes in the tree.

Level 71 tree

For easy farming you should use chill of corruption and 2 jewels with 2 mana gained on hit. You can either use Vaal molten shell at this point or just use vaal haste depending on preference or if you go straight into maps.

Chest link setup
5L = Kinetic Blast - Cast on critical strike - Greater multiple projectiles - Life Leech - Arctic Breath
6L = Kinetic Blast - Cast on critical strike - Greater multiple projectiles - Life Leech - Arctic Breath - Arc
I use the life leech gem since you will take around 184 life each time you shoot with Skold's equipped.

Cast When Damage Taken setup
Cast when damage taken - Ice golem - Enfeeble - Immortal Call

Aura Setup
Grace - (Curse on hit - Herald of ice - Assassin's Mark)

Single target setup
Barrage - Cast on Critical Strike - Freezing Pulse - Glacial Cascade
If you are lucky enough to get a pair of corrupted maligaro's with the Cast on Crit corruption you can add Arc to the setup

Vaal Molten Shell setup
Vaal Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Life Leech - Spell Echo
I tried using Incinerate to activate this a lot more on bosses but seems like the same killing speed with just using the single target setup instead since the single target setup also does a lot of damage.

Level 100 Tree
Tree

Extra notes

Do Not use Vaal molten shell on the Academy boss it will only end in tears! This is mainly because of the nerf to the single target leech mechanics and the nerf to Immortal call (3 second cooldown now)

Video
Tempest Lvl76 Gorge map

Closing thoughts
I really enjoyed this character it was so much fun to play and the xp/hr was insane sadly I died to the Academy boss doing what I love most (Vaal molten Shell to the face!)
So never got to see it at its full potential since I was still missing all the crit nodes for spells and the crit multi for spells. But even without that I was destroying even high maps without any issues.

With perfect gearing I would expect around 5,5-6k HP which would be really nice considering it's a ranged character and it has insane dps.

If you have any questions regarding the build feel free to reply here or ask me on my stream: www.twitch.tv/angryweasel_xlii
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Last edited by Angryweasel on Aug 26, 2015, 6:24:17 PM
What helm would you suggest for HC, I'm in Flashback right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info