[2.0] Empire Of Shock - Sire of Shards Build 2.0 - Empires Grasp - Triple Curse

This is a guide that I'll spend a little while writing up since I am having so much fun with it! I'm not sure if it's been done before but probably so. Either way you can check out the build and items below.

Clear speed is amazing on this build and you feel like the game is more technical since you are doing more than just left and right clicking. It takes skill and timing to maximize the potential this build really has. Understanding of general play style and mob types is key as is drop placement and curse timing. If you are looking for a technical play style then this is for you. Also not too expensive to be honest.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree

Auras
Spoiler

-Discipline
-Herald of Ice
-Herald of Thunder
-Arctic Armour

Offense
Spoiler

For offense we are triple cursing using a ball lightning with curse on hit. Our curses are:
-Temp Chains
-Elemental Weakness
-Projectile Weakness

Quality on all these gems is really a great thing to have.

Abyssal Cry is amazing with this build since the enemy struggles to even move towards your direction. When you have Empires Grasp pulling the mobs away from you they just try their hardest to approach you but they are soooo slow they never even make it to you.

I have found through testing that in many cases up until level 74'ish I didn't always even need to curse and instead relied on cunning and totem placement to handle the heavy lifting with ball lightning. Slower projectiles is very nice since it's MORE damage and not INCREASED damage. When things get tough or you are in a group , just hit your 'little curse' ball lightning and watch your team obliterate mobs. We also use the warcry 'Abyssal Cry' as well to further the movement speed reduction of the mobs making them essentially unable to move.

Defense
Spoiler

This is where we see the gold in the build. When the enemy is triple cursed and Abyssal Cry is applied they become almost immobile and struggle to even move around. We are also using Mind Over Matter from the passive tree. Our auras provide Arctic Armor as well as Discipline. We have some defenses at this point but I'm only level 80 with about 3k life and 3k Energy Shield. This will probably go up higher as I get better items. So far the defense combined with our triple curse is enough to let me charge in first in groups quite a bit.

Leveling
Spoiler

You want to use shockwave totem since the new buff has been applied at all levels now to level with. This will take you through much of the early content and a single curse is fine for those level between say 1 - 60 or so. Shockwave totem (when used efficiently) has insane clear speed and the survival of it being a totem which is nice.

Make a mad dash towards Ancestral Bond and get your second totem ASAP! Hook up Shockwave Totem and you are gonna be clearing like crazy. Run hatred aura when leveling and also Herald of Ice / Ash. When you can hook up your Empire's Grasp gloves put your Shockwave Totem in them and get a 5 link and start leveling Ball Lightning.

End Game
Spoiler

When you start to not run out of mana you are good to go. We grab the Energy Shield nodes and also some aura nodes to help reduce the amount of mana reserved and to also help out with the effects of auras.
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....
Last edited by elemenopy on Aug 21, 2015, 4:43:48 PM
why do you take 3 spell crit nodes but no other crit nodes?
"
leaderzz0rz wrote:

I agree it seems out of place to take those crit nodes... Wouldn't it make more sense to take the three nodes above lightning walker and drop the four crit nodes?

I also opted to take the strength and int nodes attached to Elemental Dominion instead of the in nodes above them for the extra strength. This also seemed more point efficient in your original tree where you had the crit nodes, as you used three points to get to the dex node then went down to mom and up to head toward Ancestral Bond, vs. only taking two to get next to MOM.
"
sushibagel wrote:
"
leaderzz0rz wrote:

I agree it seems out of place to take those crit nodes... Wouldn't it make more sense to take the three nodes above lightning walker and drop the four crit nodes?

I also opted to take the strength and int nodes attached to Elemental Dominion instead of the in nodes above them for the extra strength. This also seemed more point efficient in your original tree where you had the crit nodes, as you used three points to get to the dex node then went down to mom and up to head toward Ancestral Bond, vs. only taking two to get next to MOM.

Adopted with these changes. Thanks guys!
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info