Critique my l85 Sword+Board?

Hi all! Wondered if I could ask for advice on my sword and board build - any bad choices on the tree, better skills or gear I could be using?

I'm a l85 Scion with the following key stats:

+163% life (4700)
+220% armour (13.3k)
+100% evasion (1k)
+2 endurance charges
+260% damage with swords (total from +phys, +swords, +melee)
48% block chance
24% spell block

I'm using Reave as my main attack linked to Faster Attacks, + Melee Physical, Multistrike, + Fire damage for 10k dps increasing to about 14k when all my buffs are up.

Other skills:
Determination and Arctic Armour for more defense
Reckoning+Endurance Charge on Stun+Stun+Melee Physical as my main mechanism to generate charges.
Self cast Immortal call + increased duration for tight spots and enduring cry for more charges if I need them.
Cast on Damage taken + Warlords Mark + Blood Rage + Flame Golem

Here is my tree: Passive skill tree build

My Key gear is Lioneyes Remorse and Stone of Lazwhar. My goal is to have layers of defense - so right now 48% Block + 24% spell block, 13.3k armour for 57% phys reduction, 1191 evasion for 14% evade chance (want more) and 4.7k life. Vs bosses or nasty mobs I pop immortal call pretty often. I rely a lot on blood rage to keep my life up in fights with packs. My sword is ok but not amazing, PDPS:264 EDPS:66 DPS:330.

This is working ok so far, I can clear l76-77 maps without dying (not for all bosses though) but what I'd like to improve is my DPS in particular and my survivability in general. I get pasted by some spellcasting bosses like the piety one in Malformation but phys based ones I can easily wear them down face to face.

So I guess what I'd really love is ideas on points I could/should shuffle on the tree and skill/gear suggestions for a lot more DPS and a bit more survivability, particularly vs spellcasting bosses!

The rest of my gear:
My spurut is spunt
Your tree is fine for a scion/marauder/duelist sword&board build.

---

Itemwise, I'd recommend a Bringer of rain.

You're not getting too much from your helmet and chest (low life, low resist, no crazy armor), so you can just swap them for a BoR with more block, flat damage, more life, and a cheap 6.5 Link.

Then you can add the BM gem to your main attack and get rid of the mana leech cluster for more damage (Strong Arm in Marauder is pretty nice), or some more life, or a jewel slot.

I wouldn't buy another sword just yet, yours is decent enough, but instead find upgrades on the rest of the gear.

Your belt is not too strong, get a rustic sash with life, armor, resist.
Get boots with walkspeed and more resists.
Rings with more life.
These - if you're happy with tier2-3 rolls - should not get too expensive.

---

As for gems:
You're not running Hatred and Herald of Ash?
These are wonderful DpS auras, considered almost "mandatory" for any physical damage build.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 19, 2015, 6:15:59 AM
Much appreciated! I will play around with the auras - I can probably make do without determination at this point.
My spurut is spunt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info