[2.2] ElectroZombi's HC LowLife Kinetic Blast VP EE CoC FireBreather[CI & LL Version]

ElectroZombi's Kinetic Blast CI / LowLife CoC Kinetic FireBreather

General Build Information
Hi everyone, my name is Chris (IGN Electrozombi) and this is my second build guide for Kinetic Blast Cast on Crit! This time with Chaos Innoculation (or LowLife) & Vaal Pact ! +7k ES ! Immune to Stuns ! Elemental Equilibrium !
83% Crit (without power charges) ! Easy with No Regeneration / Temporal Chains Map Mods! HARDCORE Build !
Dare to Kill whatever comes by !

Background Information
Spoiler
I actually created another build similiar to that one in the 1 Month Hardcore Legue! This build is inspired by the old Windripper CoC Build Of the Week.
This time, this build went from Life to CI, since i got pretty lucky in earlie tempest league and got a 6l ES chest dropped and thouhgt of trying the CoC Build with that. I pretty much leveled since lvl 38 as Cast on Crit and easily reached level 91,5 before i got killed due to pretty insane circumstances ( +4 Proj, 110% extra cold - antalia napora - and i got shotgunned and oneshoted because i was in a corner while i first noticed her ;).
Nonetheless, this build is full Tempest / HC viable ! I leveled and played it while thornflesh mod still existed !!! I also have to mention that you actually need a bit of currency to improve the build in the endgame +85 level, which i ll explain later in the gear section.

So if you have enought currency and want to run a completely smooth and enjoyable cast on crit build in Hardcore (of course, softcore too.. ;) ) try that one !

CI Build Version
Spoiler

Pros
Spoiler

- Witch or Shadow !
- Insane clear spead
- Fun to play
- Can run most mods (no regen, temp chains..) with EASE
- effortable to start with, expensive in endgame
- HC Viable !
- Reflectsafe
- Perma Flask Charges
- Rariety Friendly !
- Chaos Innoculation! 100% Chaos Resists (as CI Version)
- Cannot Be Stunned!
- Vaal Pact - Instant Leech!
- No Power Charges Required!!

Cons
Spoiler

- Needs a strong CPU
- Single Target requires little tactics but is easily doable !
- Can't really handle Elemental Reflect Map Mod!

Stats
Spoiler

Offensive

+83% Crit Chance ! (for 95% you need to play with power charges! can easily be done by Ice Spear - CoC - GMP or similar methods of generating them (assasins mark as curse)
88% Chance to Hit !
Fireball Tooltip

40% Crit Chance | 300 Multi !

Defensive

7,7k ES | 22 Chance to Evade | Cannot be Stunned !

My Gear level 91
Spoiler

My Gear Level 87
Spoiler

Gear Recommendations
Spoiler

Chest:

I highly recommend getting a 6l Pure ES Chest! Colors are RGGBBB ! You can easily search on poexyz for ES based corrupted 6l with that color so you can buy a decent one (400+ES) for like max 15 chaos! If you cant efford, you can get a 5l ES chest, leave out lifeleech and put fire/cold leech on amulet and wand.

Amulet: Eye of Chayula

This is the only option you have when playing it Hardcore. Stuns can easily kill you! Therefore, get it corrupted with inc. Attack speed or leech or anything you prefer!
* for softcore, or for not having stun immunity, i d recommend a 38% Crit Amulet with Multiplier and resists/rariety/ES

Helmet: Rats Nest

MUST HAVE! up to 75% Crit chance, 15% Attack Speed, 600+ Evasion, 10 Movement Speed + Rariety? Without any question the only choice for max crit chance and damage!

Gloves: Maligaros Virtuosity

The best choice is maligaros. Crit Chance, Crit Multi and IAS are damage wise the only option. But here, you can also grab some (preferebly) Pure ES Gloves with +10 Attack Speed, ES and resists, as i did with releveling that build. Works out pretty well and are cheap!

Rings: 2x Diamond Rings !

You need 2 Diamond Rings with 30% Crit Chance for best damage! Here you need to get a lot of resists(if your chests have none, like mine had)!
Further stats you need on them are: Accuracy Rating, ES, Mana!
High End Option: craft increased energy shield !

Shield:

Since ES is our Life, we need a lot of ES on it! for Endgame i recommend gettin a 500+ES Shield!
Pretty expensive! Here you need to spend 3-6+ Exalts for getting a really high ES one. Nevertheless you will also be fine with a 350+ on! Stats are + Max ES, Resists, Spell Damage, Spell Crit.

Weapon: Wand

A Must Have is a Wand with +12 Crit Chance !!!
+2 of Fire/Light/Cold Gems !! (good for auras, flame totem)
Increased Attack Speed, Crit Multi, Spell Damage, Cast Speed are good mods to have along!

Belt:

Look for High Resists and + 50 Max ES ! Strenght is good to get here since we need some !

Boots:

30% Movement Speed (must have for temp chains map mod) ! ES & Resists!

Flasks:

Those are probably the best for defensive purpose! Remove Shock, Burning, Freeze, Bleeding and Curse! Get one with each of that mods to be safe! A must have is a removes freezing quicksilver since freeze can be dangerous on CI ! always use that one while walking!
Get every flask with Surgeons Mod for instant charges !!!

Jewels:
Energy From Within ! This is required for a good ES bost. Location between Witch and Shadow Area !
Other Jeweles should have +7% Max ES and Increased Attack Speed with Wands !

Gems & Links
Spoiler

6l Kinetic Blast - Cast on Crit - GMP - Fireball - Artic Breath - Life Leech
4l Vaal Spark - Trap - Added Lightning - Added Chaos/Light Pen
3l Lighnting Warp - Faster Casting - Reduced Duration
3l Flame Totem - Item Rariety - Culling Strike !
Clarity - Discipline - Artic Armor
Ice Golem

* get a 20% CoC Gem for 20% more Crit Chance !
* 3l CWDT - Temporal Chains/Assassins Mark - Molten Shell *
or any CWDT Setup you like !

Leveling
Spoiler
I would recommend to finish the game in merciless (kill piety merciless) and switch from a leveling build you like at around level 65! First time i leveled as cast on crit with tabula rasa from level 38, since its the level of cast on crit level 1! But that is really anyoning when it comes to bosses, because you cant kill them ""quickly"". In the second run i leveled as Firestorm / Flametotem Witch, which was much more enjoyable and i respeced at level 65 to the full build! Here you can see the skilltree i had before, and after respeccing into cast on crit ! If i remember correctly, i respecced 25 points!

Firestorm Flame Totem: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAx4EBwVCBiMHYwj0DkgQWBEvEZYWvxqBH0EmlSepKgssnC0fNj09X0GWRKtGcUlRTLNRdFJTVa5Vxl3yXyph4mSdakNtGW1sb55wUnDVdwd_xoIQgwmD24cTh2WJ04wLjDaPpo_6kyeVIJeVl_SZmpykoqOmma6ztAy1SLl8vOq-isBUwcXB88rTy73Q9dsa34rfsOaB53TpAutj6-Tr9ewY7LDw1fId8-o=

Cast on Crit: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAx4GIwdjDXwOSBB7ES8RUBGWFdcWvxqBGyUdTx9BIuonqSj6KgsqOCycLL8tHzW5Nj1Eq0ZxSVFLrlF0Va5WY1fJXfJfam0ZbWxvnnBScNV3B3_GghCDCYauhxOJ04wLjDaPpo_6kyeVIJmanKSio6aZpyu0DLVIuXy-Or6KwcXB88M6ytPLvdDQ2VvbGt-K37Dmged06NbpAuq662PsGOyw8NXz6pit

Endgame Passive Tree

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal: Skill or Kraytan (+10 Resists (i picked it since i knew before that my chest had no resists!)
Cruel: Kraytan - Inc Attack Speed
Merc: Skill Point

Gameplay Videos
Spoiler

Contains Build Explanation and 76 Underground River Temporal Chains, 20% Damage, 80% Light, 80% Fire Damage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68A_Op4dGU
Death & Taxes Map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT5wtoQ7do4

Extreme Low Life Version
Spoiler

Information
Since I really enjoy this build i continued to play it in softcore after my rip. Lately I ve been pretty lucky with buying a shavronnes wrappings and getting my first 6link ever with it after ~120 fuses :). Therefore I decided to try it out on low life ! ... INSANE DPS NOW. The Tooltips of Fireball and Artic Breath is now almost doubled! with charges roughly 7,6k Fireball. EACH !.. However due to picking up Arcane Vision and loosing CI my ES went down to 6k atm. This can be improved but it feels kinda safe!

Stats
Spoiler

Offense

Defense

Damage

* all stats with Auras but without power charges !!!!

Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree Level 94

Auras & Important Information
Spoiler

On Mana: Herald Of Ice | Herald Of Thunder | Artic Armor
On Life: Clarity (lvl 10ish) | Discipline

Both Heralds are linked to Curse on Hit and Assassins Mark !! However, when running a TEMP CHAINS map i swap Herald of Ice for Haste and also turn Herald of Thunder off !

Gameplay Video
Spoiler

Indepth Commented Showcase Guide for the LowLife Firebreather
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpOBawM5RsM
LowLife Firebreather - Necropolis Unid/Corrupted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aVHcIN-Eh8

FAQ
Spoiler

What about Single Targets? Bosses?
Since shotgunning was removed of the game, single targets now require a bit more tactics to kill. So when it comes to bosses or rare mobs with a lot of life you have to position them somewhere infront of a wall or in a corner. Then Kinetic triggers a lot and you can kill them easily! For this purpose you also have your Flame Totem with Culling Strike AND your Vaal Spark Trap which should be used for bosses or hard rare mobs!

Which map mods can be done?
You can basically do like most map mods! Damage mods are actually no problem! With 83% Crit Chance, Enfeeble is easy ! For No Regen Maps turn of clarity and rely on the mana you gain on kill and your divine mana flask! Temp Chains is also easy doable ! However, I would avoid doing promenade map boss since i m personally afraid of the lightning torns because he ripped both of my CoC chars in 1.3 and beta of awakening.
Mods you can t actually do are BLOOD MAGIC and ELEMENTAL REFLECT! all others are possible.

Why Elemental Equilibrium?
We use this Point because constantly fireballs and artic breath s are shotted and will constantly lower resists for "the next hit" ! works even better with having some lightning damage on attacks! You can try with and without that point and you will see there is a big difference!

Thanks for reading my Guide ! I hope you will like and enjoy this build ! Feel free to ask any questions ! Stay HC ! Cheers

Last edited by Electrozombi on Mar 4, 2016, 5:39:47 AM
nice build for HC . That is exactly what i want :) 10/10
How can i improve this build if i had a 6lshavs ? i am so lucky got a 6l shavs in TaiWan server
btw which map(s) should i avold? orchard , esidence are extremely hard imo
thanks for you answer! That is a good question with a 6l Shavs. You should then probably get some chaos resists on all rare parts of the gear! However, it is up to you what other auras you can be running then. I think Herald of Thunder and Ice would be good (maybe linked to a curse on hit setup). If you go low life pick up pain attunement! Maybe get a good crit chance & multi amulet and switch to lioneyes paws for stun immunity.

And yeah, for Bosses. I also didnt do Orchard and Residence boss with that build. Residence should be doable but most likely a 76 map shouldn't be rolled that easy so mods there can easily kill you. You can still do all maps, but just avoid some hard hitting bosses!
Hope you like that build ;) it plays absolutely smooth ;) cheers
hey, how iam lv70 and working great , but why i only have 71 crit chance? the only diffent is iam using a es ias glove rather than Maligaros Virtuosity, but i dont think that can make so many diffence, i pick up all crit note as you post. need help pls
"
hey, how iam lv70 and working great , but why i only have 71 crit chance? the only diffent is iam using a es ias glove rather than Maligaros Virtuosity, but i dont think that can make so many diffence, i pick up all crit note as you post. need help pls

The crit chance on your wand is for all intensive purposes a ''More'' multiplier. And the 50% from maligaro's is not insignificant.
TL;DR: get a better wand
heya,

yes. it depends on the wand. get a +12 Base Crit Wand and Maligaros! for highest possible crit change use 2x 30% Diamond Rings and Maligaros to have 80-83%. Also get 20% CoC Gem.
Anyway, you should still trigger the combo with 72 crit chance!

Glad you guys like the build :)
Last edited by 007noctis on Sep 13, 2015, 7:25:11 AM
Yeah i also forgot to update to current skill tree which i did now. also shortend the way from shadow to witch area. Thanks :)
Hi :)

First of: Great build

Using it atm, just switched to CI with Leech at lvl 80. (got a fine nice ES 6L)

Have you ever thought about using barrage instead?

I've been lvling with that instead of Kinetic Blast cause it simply blasts the crap out of single targets aswell.
IGN: NutCracked
hi,
well i tried barrage recently in softcore. it s true, for single targets it is better if you dont have any wall or sth near them. however, i prefer the insane aoe of kinetic blast. you actually don't really have to aim, just shot at hords. Additionally i think that kinetic procs more projectiles compared to barrage for aoe.

A good solution would be to get maligaros or rats nest corrupted with gems supported by coc and just using the same setup apart from lifeleech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info