Fire Proliferation

I'm playing a Firestorm witch atm, and i'm trying to achieve high burning damage and use the bonus 'damage to enemies on fire' node.

at first i was thinking Flame dash + ele prolif, unfortunately thats a no go, also fire trap is not prolifing.

so what are the most reliable ways of setting large groups on fire as a caster?
Firestorm is intensely shit at spreading a powerful Ignite. If you want a powerful Ignite build, you'd have to swap out Firestorm for either Flameblast or Discharge. Discharge is a bit of a high-maintenance build, whereas Flameblast is pretty simple.

That said, if you're only looking to trigger Celestial Punishment's 25% Increased Damage, then 5-10% Chance to Ignite is all you really need. Firestorm might not Ignite for a lot of Damage, but it spams Hits like there's no tomorrow. The Ignite doesn't have to be powerful to trigger CP. :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 12, 2015, 12:10:33 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That said, if you're only looking to trigger Celestial Punishment's 25% Increased Damage

thats mostly what im after, but i prefer enemies already be on fire when i start casting firestorm
ill give this a go, but are there any other options that work well with prolif?
flameblast is good for ignite damage. socket with increased chance to ignite and elemental proliferation and focus on fire/elemental damage.

granted, you'll generally kill stuff with the flameblast or the burn alone so dealing damage after the ignite is generally unnecessary.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Aug 12, 2015, 12:59:20 PM
"
Nasreth wrote:
flameblast is good for ignite damage. socket with increased chance to ignite and elemental proliferation and focus on fire/elemental damage.

granted, you'll generally kill stuff with the flameblast or the burn alone so dealing damage after the ignite is generally unnecessary.

^This is what I was getting at, too. Applying a strong Ignite requires a strong Hit, which means you might as well make that Ignite your main focus - the Firestorms would be a bit redundant.

Another reason is simply that Celestial Punishment isn't that strong. It's a nice bonus if you're already Igniting, but 25% Increased Damage (which is additive with all other sources of Increased Damage you already have!) isn't worth using an entirely separate Skill for.

It also triggers off Shock though. On my Firestormer, I really like using Vaal Lightning Trap with Increased Duration to apply Shocked Ground to everything (50% Increased Damage Taken), and it triggers CP too.
Being a Damage Taken modifier, it applies on the defender-side and is thus multiplicative with your Damage multipliers. Pretty sweet!
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 12, 2015, 2:06:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info