IIQ or IIR?

I know there was many questions but i hope this will be slightly different.

I have around 46IIQ/164IIR - and i wonder what change or is it ok to farm?

I see that drop of currency is higher and also uniques (mostly crap) - i play not so often and

i try to guess what to do to find better uniques.

I farm Voll, sometimes Maps.

Beside IIQ/IIR i would like to aks about farming zones - what you prefer or what spots would

you recommend for farming.

Voll? Dominus? Maps? some Act IV zones?

Appreciate all feeedback.
In Game nick - Amarinho
I have the same ratings 59/188, and the same crappy drops.

Your main source of income are chromes, 6S items and a lot of crappy yellows to sell for alts, so it requires a lot of grinding. Uniques and high currency are still rare, somewhere at 0-3 per run.

Volls desert is good place, also low lvl maps where you can run in crappy mf gear without risk.
Also you may want to make semi-mf gear set for farming dailies and higher lvl maps.

I'd say the more maps you run, the better chances you have, its also important to reliably do map bosses.
Here is the thing about magic finding in this game :

If you go MF to get the T1 uniques, you will be disapointed, they are so rare that you will not see any difference with and without MF. I can speak from experience and from how MF works.

Going MF has one purpose : getting a lot of rares that you can sell for alts, or for recipes, also you will get more standard currencies and more basic recipes. You will also get more rare maps and rare jewels, which is very good.

If you farm maps, I would not recommend to go abore 20-30 IIQ, because the map already gives a lot of IIQ, the bonus is multiplicative and the diminishing returns are even more punishing. Same for rarity, after 200 you see a lot of penalties. You should focus on rarity. Unless of course if you are runing low IIQ maps, but you should not.

If you are going to farm bosses or normal zones, here you can get as much quantity and as much rarity as you want.

I invite you to read some guides that are purposely going mf, their autors often make a good analysis of the pro/cons of mf, what you should expect, give numbers and statistics.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Aug 12, 2015, 5:31:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info