[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Firstly thank you for the build. I'm currently level 58 and using an Icetomb, would it be viable to use it in endgame with this build or should I eventually trade it out for a rare chest piece?
you will definitely need a good es chest.
"
justpayne1414 wrote:
Firstly thank you for the build. I'm currently level 58 and using an Icetomb, would it be viable to use it in endgame with this build or should I eventually trade it out for a rare chest piece?

Too mich of an ES loss. If it just had a bit more, it would be pretty bis. Throw in Doryani's Invitation and you pretty much have all your resistances capped with little effort. Plus it works so well with the cold variant by extending your freeze and best of all, making you immune to it. But it's upwards of a 25% ES loss on a whole. I have about 7.7k ES and it drops it down to around 5.5k. Just too much. Honestly if you want to run a unique to benefit the most from the rings, Shavs is really the only option. But then you might as well drop CI and run auras on BM. You'll take more chaos damage but you'll have higher capped restisances and higher damage through HoA. WaffleTT's build in the witch forum is the original build I modeled mine on. But it's insanely expensive. Shavs, Atziri's. Like out of 99% of players price range. You need 400 ex easy to put it together, maybe more.
Deliver pain exquisite
Okay thank you for your help.
Much appreciated.
Hey how's it going, great build. Just wondering how u sustain ur mana so well while casting ice storm. I have no where near ur int at the moment. with my gear I'm hoping to get around 1200-1400 when I'm done but only have about 900 atm. Does having 300 more int really affect ur mana regen that much? right now, I'm forced to use mana leech in order to sustain casting on bosses, but it really hurts my dps, so im just trying to figure out how much mana per second u need in order to cast the like u do. Thanks
Hello, great build first of all. I am a little behind in levels (only 74) but I was looking at grabbing another perandus and black sun crest. The ONLY issue I have with this is I feel my resists probably won't be capped at that point. How do you handle this? Most of my jewels already have resists. See gear below if there is maybe an obvious upgrade?

Also, ignore most of those gems :) Leveling most of them
Thanks

Last edited by mlande14 on Sep 2, 2015, 11:58:34 AM
"
Hey how's it going, great build. Just wondering how u sustain ur mana so well while casting ice storm. I have no where near ur int at the moment. with my gear I'm hoping to get around 1200-1400 when I'm done but only have about 900 atm. Does having 300 more int really affect ur mana regen that much? right now, I'm forced to use mana leech in order to sustain casting on bosses, but it really hurts my dps, so im just trying to figure out how much mana per second u need in order to cast the like u do. Thanks

Are you using double perandus? Thats a big source of mana regen. Rallying cry is also a highly important source of mana sustain.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
mlande: you'd probably change out your helm or boots for $$ but maybe try a doryani's belt for a cheap fix with minor dps drop
i don´t understand the point of: Cast when Damage Taken + Firestorm + Curse on Hit + Temporal Chains

Curse on hit is a trigger or is it due to the channeling of Firestorm, which then curses for the duration, including new mobs entering the storm?

-Rott
IGN=ElitePhanteon
hi, thanks for your build, I really enjoy playing it.

do you have tried uber atziri after the icestorm change? how is it now ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info