[2.0] Ball Lightning + Call of the Brotherhood build, freezing balls of shattering goodness!

"
ngawwwbby wrote:
hey is the ring absolutely necessary? cos i've tried looking for it on poe.trade and for some reason I can't seem to find any :/ can the build still work without the ring?

// nevermind found it

Unfortunately the ring is the build.
Have you tried gemming slower projectiles instead of crit dmg to get multiple ball hits on mobs? May not be a super sheet DPS boost, but effective dps...?
Interesting, but I wonder what about Atziri or ele reflect.

Storm Weaver passive is lacking here I guess. How many dps with 6 charges do you have?
I have BL non-crit Witch with 3.6k + innervate (4k). PCoC is good, but if you have Assasin's Mark, Innervate would be better to clear map faster (maybe invest 2 pts to Soul Siphon and more mana gear to be able to maintain it).

Maybe I'll try a setup with:
CoH+HoI+Warlord, Arctic Armour
CoH+HoT+Assasin, Clarity
3 slot for usual warp link
golem same as yours
no arc, to vaal storm I'll add spell echo (double dps?) or more duration

How you deal with mob res? 50% of dmg is still without penetration.

And finally, what about bandits? Mana/cast speed/power charge?
why not use herald of thunder link with curse on hit and 2 other curse. since herald will do the curse for you. You wont have to always arc
i was also wondering imagine with duo void battery/ 6 link Voll's Protector hypoermia/ball light/incre aoe effect/spell echo/light pen/gmp? for fast farm? or some other gems like life leach with vaal pack node? instant regen?
Last edited by dallena535 on Aug 20, 2015, 1:04:09 AM
Of course you can link HoT with two curses, even more convenient, I don't know why I separated them lol. Or maybe removing lighting warp after all to gain 2 slots and make HoT with Innervate and one curse and HoI with other curse. Then you gain one free slot to something else to BL.

Anyway what I also want to ask OP is, if you don't use a light penetration in BL, why using it on vaal storm call. You can add increase duration, spell echo and concentrated effect.

I'm currently trying this build with scion, seems viable and there are lot of jewel sockets with just one point spending to get them.

I wonder if I should take cast speed or skill point on cruel, I guess skill point would be better if I have just one point to jewel, which is far superior than pure 5% in cast speed anyway. I think I'm going ignore Nimbleness and go for Practical Application (if dex and str from gear won't be enough - as scion I got Harrier before to compensate cs and ms).
Last edited by Gosen on Aug 20, 2015, 6:03:08 PM
i was wondering if light pen works with ur ring? or does cold pen work? let me know
anyway u should make a power charge on crit build like i suggested with 6L voll even 5 link willm make it a 6 socket( cause of the p charge on crit )

also why go es build? i saw ur tree with es nodes just got full life imo and use vaal pack with life leech

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAv4EBwSzBUII9A3RDkgOXA-rEFgRDxEtEZYTnha_HNwdgx8CIG4i9CSLJpUpTyoLKjgsnC2oMFsyNDLROlg8BT1fQZZEq0VHRXxFfkWdS1dMs1AwUlNTUlVLVa5Vxl3yX7Bh4mNDZlRqQ2r6a7dsC20Zb55wUnDVdhF3B3yDfjN-r3_GghCCm4MJg9uExYUyhXuFfYcTidOMNo0ZjxqPppMnlYeXlZeXl_SaO5rgm7WcpJ_foS-iAKSRrJeus6-bsZC0OL6AvorAVMBmwOPDOspK0B_Q9dlf217djN-E37DgEuTs5Rnr7uw473zv6_Af8bPz6vv1?accountName=Vulpix0r&characterName=Vulbbb

6 jewels

let me know
Last edited by dallena535 on Aug 23, 2015, 12:38:26 AM
"
dallena535 wrote:
i was wondering if light pen works with ur ring? or does cold pen work? let me know
anyway u should make a power charge on crit build like i suggested with 6L voll even 5 link willm make it a 6 socket( cause of the p charge on crit )

also why go es build? i saw ur tree with es nodes just got full life imo and use vaal pack with life leech

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAv4EBwSzBUII9A3RDkgOXA-rEFgRDxEtEZYTnha_HNwdgx8CIG4i9CSLJpUpTyoLKjgsnC2oMFsyNDLROlg8BT1fQZZEq0VHRXxFfkWdS1dMs1AwUlNTUlVLVa5Vxl3yX7Bh4mNDZlRqQ2r6a7dsC20Zb55wUnDVdhF3B3yDfjN-r3_GghCCm4MJg9uExYUyhXuFfYcTidOMNo0ZjxqPppMnlYeXlZeXl_SaO5rgm7WcpJ_foS-iAKSRrJeus6-bsZC0OL6AvorAVMBmwOPDOspK0B_Q9dlf217djN-E37DgEuTs5Rnr7uw473zv6_Af8bPz6vv1?accountName=Vulpix0r&characterName=Vulbbb

6 jewels

let me know

Lightning pen was a mistake, I forgot to update my item links. I'm going hybrid as I enjoy the buffer before I take damage to my life, and I do not like Vaal Pact. Crit damage should be the way to scale my skills.
"
Gosen wrote:
Interesting, but I wonder what about Atziri or ele reflect.

Storm Weaver passive is lacking here I guess. How many dps with 6 charges do you have?
I have BL non-crit Witch with 3.6k + innervate (4k). PCoC is good, but if you have Assasin's Mark, Innervate would be better to clear map faster (maybe invest 2 pts to Soul Siphon and more mana gear to be able to maintain it).

Maybe I'll try a setup with:
CoH+HoI+Warlord, Arctic Armour
CoH+HoT+Assasin, Clarity
3 slot for usual warp link
golem same as yours
no arc, to vaal storm I'll add spell echo (double dps?) or more duration

How you deal with mob res? 50% of dmg is still without penetration.

And finally, what about bandits? Mana/cast speed/power charge?

Monster resistance hasn't posed a problem so far. Maybe I'll record one with lightning resist to prove it.
Ok, so I've been using this build for a while and must say that there are some issues.

First, but maybe it's my gear - def. Even with chaos golem, artctic armor 3k hp and almost 2k es, sometimes I die pretty fast (faster than you should at merc with those stats).

When fully charged with powers bl owns everything on the way + vaal storm call on orange and stronger yellows, BUT... bosses are pretty annoying. Killing them takes lot of time, but maybe it's bl, not this build and my former firestorm character which owns bosses so fast that every other skill seems slow.

Changes I made, and maybe this what my issues are:
Curses linked with HoT
Vaal Storm 4l with spell echo
Totem Storm instead of flame
Also tried innervate with HoT and manual curse, but I'm too lazy after all to use curse on
every mob pack. Finally, fighting with boss was slow as with previous setup.

I barely maxed res (still -2x chaos) and just barely made sufficient dex and str (wasted 1 point for jewel).
How can you survive without any armor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info