Reduced Mana Cost

It should be Additive. Both say "Reduced" which is the keyword for additive multipliers.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
It should be Additive. Both say "Reduced" which is the keyword for additive multipliers.
The support gem's effect from quality is the same as the passives - an additive % reduction in mana cost.

The main effect of the gem is done by the mana cost multiplier, which is multiplicative with other support's multipliers and used to calculate the base cost of the skill, which the passives (and quality) will then affect.
thats slightly complicated in wording. so the gem alone is multiplicative while its quality effect is additive AND combines with skill grid passives? and calculations is also in that order? or other way (passives+quality, then gem itself).
An example is in order:

100 mana cost skill

Level 16 20% quality Reduced Mana Cost (75% multiplier) (20% quality = 4% reduced mana cost)

Level 1 Increased Duration (150% multiplier)

Passives that amount to 15% "reduced mana cost of skills"

100 (base) * (1 - 15% (passives) - 4% (20% quality) ) * 0.75 (Reduced Mana Cost gem) * 1.5 (Increased Duration)

= 91.125 mana

I'm pretty sure I did those right. If the calculations for mana cost follow the way other things in the game do their calculations at least.

Note however that it seems like the quality bonus on Reduced Mana Cost is currently broken:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/37668
TehHammer is not a crime!
i have noticed that the quality effect does not work with auras?
Unavailable

had the same reserved mana for 1% and for 2% reduced from quality (transition from 9 to 10 % quality)

the numbers are high (711 reserved mana) so the difference should be noticable
Kristen for president! :)
Last edited by noirtenshin on Jul 10, 2012, 5:26:27 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The main effect of the gem is the mana cost multiplier (we need to find a better name for these). This as with the multipliers on all supports, affect both mana costs and mana reservation amounts.

The quality bonus is a stat which reduces mana costs. It does not apply to mana reservation, only costs. As I mentioned in another thread, I've suggested to Carl that we could add reservation reduction to the quality bonus as well, but I have no idea of the balance implications of that. We'll see.
Would you consider naming the two something like "decreased/increased mana costs" and "more/less mana consumed" to keep in line with the other modes?
hey guys!

if you cast your auras and take your reduced mana gem out of the socket the auras keep the same mana cost so you can reuse one gem for multiple sockets

hopefully not intended!
"
teek wrote:
hey guys!

if you cast your auras and take your reduced mana gem out of the socket the auras keep the same mana cost so you can reuse one gem for multiple sockets

hopefully not intended!

Yah someone also post it in other thread.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51539
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Hey just to say that many people are wasting gcps (20 for a friend of mine, 5 myself) trying to lower mana cost of auras with qual. I do think it SHOULD work on auras, as it is the only support gem that you want to support auras, and have it's quality beeing useless ( qual mana leach is better on anything but auras), leaving only the curses to enjoy its good aspect, is just not good at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info