[TEMPEST] 2.0 CI CLAW REAVE

Sharing a unique CI build I've been playing in Tempest with good results. Leveled to 90 comfortably and killed atziri but died on second run due to misplay.
Don't recommend trying this build unless you have at least 3ex to spend on gear.

Build Highlights:
-10k+ ES
-44% block, 17% spell block (47/18 with Tempest Shield)
-Near permanent flask uptime with Alchemist, Primal Spirit, and Druidic Rate passives
-16k dps on a 4L with no charges (20k with Atziri flask which is nearly always up. Reaches 30k with charges + Atziri flask)
-Full screen AOE with Vaal Reave up

Defense

Pic shows defense with flasks up

Build has no armor so physical dmg mitigation comes from:
44% block
~44% evade chance with jade flask
CWDT Enfeeble
Blind link to Tempest Shield
3 Endurance charges (Enduring Cry)
Fortify (via Whirling Blades)

Hardly get stunned at all with the block and evade chance + Heart of Oak passive

Elemental Mitigation:
17% Spell Block
88% Fire and Lightning Res Use a Sapphire Flask for 88% cold res if the situation or map calls for it
100% Chaos Res cause CI

Flasks are rolled with Shock and Freeze immunity so you don't need to worry about those.

The build has no Zealot's Oath which means no regen while in combat so it relies on the leech from claws. You can heal up any damage taken as long as you are attacking.
Leech is pretty trash against single target so if youre fighting a really beefy mob or boss, just disengage when your es is low and go back in after it recharges.

Offense
~30k dps with charges and flasks up.
Links on reave: Melee Phys, Melee Phys on Full life, Multistrike, Inc AOE (5L), Crit Damage/Crit Strikes/PCOC (6L)
20k damage with atizri flask is decent. Might need to switch to conc effect with AOE for tankier bosses.

Getting 4 off colors on a pure ES chest is pretty costly. I used vorici's at least 2 red 1 green for 100 chromes and hope one of the other sockets turns red.

Playstyle: Find a big pack of mobs (7+), pop all flasks, whirling blades in, enduring cry (opitional), go ham. The pack should be dead and flasks refilled to full. Repeat on next pack.
Evaluate the situation before going in. For example don't jump into a substantial phys aura diamond totem pack.
Always keep an eye on your flasks. If you do run out while fighting, you'll have to disengage and kite mobs to get charges back before going in again.

GEAR

Flasks

You want to have flasks with the following:
Bleed Removal
Freeze Immunity
Shock Immunity
Curse Immunity

Surgeons prefix is ideal but it doesn't matter too much.

5th flask is your choice. Can use Atziri flask, lion's roar, rumi's, taste of hate.

Leveling and switching to CI
Leveled with flame totem, fire trap, and flame surge using a lifesprig till around 60. Went up the spell damage side of the tree to Fire walker then went up the other side to get all the hybrid life/es nodes. Switch to CI reave whenever you will have 4.5k es and have a decent claw (at least 200 dps) ready to go. Spec out of the spell damage nodes and use them for ghost CI, Infused Shield, and Ghost Reaver.

Will update more later
Last edited by gippoo on Aug 17, 2015, 2:54:30 AM
sick damage
Is this Hardcore viable?
"
poofyloop wrote:
Is this Hardcore viable?

Thread title specify Tempest. So theres your answer.
"
poofyloop wrote:
Is this Hardcore viable?

i mean because the title totally doesnt say tempest... lol
Interesting, neither Eye of chayula or unwavering stance and still survivable as melee?
"
GunHulk wrote:
Interesting, neither Eye of chayula or unwavering stance and still survivable as melee?

the build has 47% block with tempest shield, 44% evade, and heart of oak so you rarely get stunned.

i got to level 90 quite comfortably in maps and managed to kill atizi but then i died on my second run due to misplay.
looks play able with daggers you need life leach on gear to make up for the 3.2% leach that you lose from not going daggers maybe even curse warlords instead of using enduring cry or maybe even life leach gem

build looks sick tho props to you

475% inc es from shields seems really crazy
Last edited by mageslay3r on Aug 18, 2015, 4:39:00 AM
Why not AOE cluster near witch start (just not take some flask nodes, this AoE is better)? And how do you survive reflect? Also it would be great to sell some gameplay video
"
craftman1999m wrote:
Why not AOE cluster near witch start (just not take some flask nodes, this AoE is better)? And how do you survive reflect? Also it would be great to sell some gameplay video

the flask nodes are what makes this build ok the bit of extra damage and range u get isnt that big of a deal. well thats my thoughts on it and reflect isnt ever really that big of a deal imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info