[2.0] Angryweasel's Fakener [HC-Tempest Viable]

Hello there after a lot of requests on my stream I hereby bring my fakener guide.

While writing this guide I'm currently lvl 92 in the Tempest HC league.

A quick notice before you switch to fakener I would advise you to have the entire set ready since having a to low crit chance can get you killed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Play-style:
To efficiently crit you need to be constantly clicking cyclone right in front of your character since if you do a long cyclone and don't crit it can get you killed. Practice this before doing hard content with your character. :)

Gear:
Spoiler

Offense
Spoiler

Defence (Without flasks/With flasks)
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

At endgame you can switch out the Granite for a taste of hate. It will lack the surgeon's mod but will give a better mitigation while it's active.

Jewels: Life + Crit chance + Area damage/crit multi

Bandits: Oak-Point-Alira

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Leveling:
Melee until lvl 44
I started out with cleave and dual The Screaming Eagle (Unique 1h Axe) until lvl 13 then I switched to Sweep with a Limpsplit (Unique 2h axe)
at lvl 18 I switched to Wideswing (Unique 2h Axe) & at lvl 22 I switched to Quecholli (unique 2h Mace) at lvl 27 I switched to Geofri's Baptism (Unique 2h Mace)

Sweep setup
Sweep - Melee phys - Faster attacks - added fire

I used that until lvl 44 where I switched to dual wands and dual flame totems with The three Dragons (Unique helmet) I used that setup until I switched to fakener at lvl 77
The wands should look something like this:

Flame totem setup
Flame totem - Fire penetration - Faster Casting

Leveling tree:
Tree

I start out going to the Templar area since we don't really need the extra damage for the melee section of the leveling other than the AoE nodes for Sweep I just focused on the life and getting ready to switch to dual flame totems I went to the Shadow area as the last thing. It will cost around 30 ish regret points to do it like this but the leveling is a lot faster and since time is money I think it's well spend.

When you are lvl 77 you can now switch to fakener

Fakener lvl 77 Tree:
Tree

Chest link setup
5L = Cyclone Q20 - Discharge Q20 - Cast on crit Q20 - Blood Magic - Life leech
6L = Cyclone Q20 - Discharge Q20 - Cast on crit Q20 - Blood Magic - Life leech - Increased AoE Q20

Cast when damage taken setup
CWDT - Enfeeble - IC (IC is very important against Porcupines since they can insta rip you if you kill a big pack on higher lvl maps)

Aura setup before you have the Charisma point in the tree and a lvl 3 Enlighten
Purity of fire - Purity of lightning - (Curse on hit - Herald of ice - Assassin's Mark)

Aura setup after Charisma and lvl 3 Enlighten
Purity of fire - Purity of lightning - Grace (At this point it's important that you at least on 1 ring or weapon have cold damage for attacks since you need that for the EE to work.

Whirling blades setup
Whirling blades Q20 - Fortify Q20 - Faster Attacks Q20 - Blood Magic

Golem setup
Chaos Golem - Faster Casting - Flame Dash - Blood Magic

Herald Setup
Herald of Ice - Curse on hit - Assassin's Mark

Lvl 100 Tree:
Tree

Tree extra notes
If you have a Taste of hate you can take the single acrobatics point since you wont rely on armour any more.

I went the top way over scion since I can pickup "Conduit" with just 1 point for party play if you mostly play solo you can go through the scion life regen nodes for an additional Jewel slot.

Video
:
Tempest lvl76 Gorge map

Closing thoughts
This is one of the must fun specs I have played in a long time it's really fast and active play style which I really enjoy! I hope you guys enjoy this spec and if you have any questions please reply here or ask me on my stream: www.twitch.tv/angryweasel_xlii
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Last edited by Angryweasel on Aug 26, 2015, 6:04:40 PM
Video is now added to the guide
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
1. Could you post your offensive/defensive stats with your current gear ?
2. How much do you need to spend on gear to make it effective/survivable ( let's say not a single piece of self found gear was good enough to use ) ?
3. How much crit chance do we need to use this build ?

Thanks in advance, build looks fun :D
I've been using soul taker in a different build and i've been thinking. Would it be viable to drop the shield and get better res on your gear and run Soul Taker? it would improve attack speed and allow you to pick up the Twin Terror's crit node, also meaning you could run a different tree that might improve overall dps/survival? Just thinking about it haven't though it out yet, any opinions?
"
Quane wrote:
1. Could you post your offensive/defensive stats with your current gear ?
2. How much do you need to spend on gear to make it effective/survivable ( let's say not a single piece of self found gear was good enough to use ) ?
3. How much crit chance do we need to use this build ?

Thanks in advance, build looks fun :D

1. posted in the guide now :)
2. I would say you need the entire set the Diamond rings which is the only other part of the gear you get regular crit on is not that expensive. If you are not playing hardcore you could go earlier but it can maybe feel sluggish.
3. I have 60% crit without charges.
"
Dinkleberger wrote:
I've been using soul taker in a different build and i've been thinking. Would it be viable to drop the shield and get better res on your gear and run Soul Taker? it would improve attack speed and allow you to pick up the Twin Terror's crit node, also meaning you could run a different tree that might improve overall dps/survival? Just thinking about it haven't though it out yet, any opinions?

It would lower your survivability but is an option for none hardcore characters since it would free up a gem slot instead of blood magic for crit multi. also it would alternate between the weapons which wouldn't be ideal.

On a shield you can have:

100hp
60+ spelldmg
90+ spellcrit
double res

So in regards to survivability the shield wins in that department

Last edited by Angryweasel on Aug 6, 2015, 1:49:16 PM
So..

no armor, no coil, few end charges when you get hit (1-3 depending on volls rng), no evasion scaling from passive tree, and 6k hp, which isn't that high considering todays standards (effectively no mitigation besides fortify which is not always up).. is that really enough for high maps especially considering the insane dmg mods that you have to roll to sustain?
Last edited by CabooseDog on Aug 6, 2015, 1:57:21 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:
So..

no armor, no coil, few end charges when you get hit (1-3 depending on volls rng), no evasion scaling from passive tree, and 6k hp, which isn't that high considering todays standards (effectively no mitigation besides fortify which is not always up).. is that really enough for high maps especially considering the insane dmg mods that you have to roll to sustain?

Yes so far it hasn't been an issue I mainly stick to only rolling 1 dmg mod per map but il do ele weakness temp chains etc. hovering around lvl80 maps atm.

Later on I will get grace aswell which should boost me up to a 40% evasion chance which will be nice.

But in the end you just need to use a bit more chaos on maps since you want half regen/no regen/temp chain/ele weak rolls instead of more dmg rolls besides most dmg rolls on maps give shitty iiq/pack size so that I dont really mind missing out on.
Last edited by Angryweasel on Aug 6, 2015, 2:10:09 PM
Currently running a spell crit build on Tempest (they removed thornflesh so I went HAM on a new spec). My tree doesnt differ much from this, so a switch wouldnt be too painful...except...

Is voll's devotion necessary for this to work effectively? I probably have all the gear necessary (5L Volls ive been sitting on) EXCEPT the devotion...I could buy one but it would essentially eat up all my currency on Tempest League.
Do you think leveling with EK would be just as viable as duel totems as ive leveled far too many chars with totems and it feels so dull

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info