[2.0 Tempest] Drelentless' Lowlife RF (Cheap & Original)

Hello.

Due to some demands to update this build for The Awakening , I have recreated a similar build in Tempest League, but have to drop Blood Magic Keystone because we don't really focus on the auras this time. I chose Witch, as she really is the most point efficient character for this, but can be played as a Shadow, Scion or Templar.

The Build: Low life / Righteous Fire

Budget: 1-2 exa need to start off

No Shavs required / no 5L required / 4 auras / End-Game viable / Hardcore viable / Boss Killer / Atziri Capable

Pros:
Cheap, Fast Clear Speed & Fun (I'm Serious)
Stun Immunity
Freeze Immunity
Fire Immunity (Almost)
Bleed Immunity (Flask Duration)
Curse Immunity (Flask Duration)
Shock Immunity (Flask Duration)
20k+ Armour (with Granite)
VAAL DISCIPLINE x 2 (The main reason this build is superior to life based RF :D )

Cons:

Not Beginner Friendly
Flask Reliant Build - If you can master flask management, you'll be unstoppable.

Sample map run: @level 82 doing a level 72 map

How to make it work?

1.) Max Fire Resist 88% (To start off)
- Rise of the Phoenix = +8%
- Level 16 Purity of Fire @Voidbringer w/ 36% aura effectiveness = 3%+1% = 4%
- Passive Tree = +1%

2.) 11.5%+ Life Regen (with Vitality) & 4K ES to start-off

ES Regen/Degen Calculations

Total Flat ES:
Discipline @lvl 16= 260 * 1.36 = 354 es
Helm = 220 es
Boots = 130 es
Voidbringer = 215 es
R.O.P = 80 es
Belt = 30 es
Ring = 37 es
Passive Tree = 54 es

Total Flat ES = 1120 es

Total ES%
Passive Tree = 178%
Ephemeral Edge (Unique Sword) = 50%
Int on gears-> 30 int = 6%
Energy from within Unique Jewel x 2 = 24%

Total ES% = 258%

Grand Total ES = 1120 + 1120 *(258%) = 4009 ES

Your ES regen against Righteous Fire Degen
Vitality @level 16 = 1.45% * 1.36 = 1.972%
Passive Tree = 9.5%
Total = 11.472%

ES regen = 4009 * 11.472% = 460 Es Regen/second

RF Degen = (life * 90% + ES * 70%) * @ 88% fire resist
RF Degen = (say 773 * 90% + 4009 * 70%) * 12% = 420 ES Degen/second

Therefore at 4k ES, you'll be able to sustain RF with still extra +40 es regen/s

3.) Gears Needed (Uniques + ES Gears)

Ideal Gear

4.) Flask Needed (Very Important!)

Flask

Flask is your life - learn to manage it. Can't control your flask? build will not work, period.
- Reduced flask charges use on Belts is very important
- Extra charges & Recharge when u take a critical on Flask is good
- Gameplay is Drink Pots (1Ruby+1Granite) BEFORE you engage mobs

5.) Passive Skill Tree

Bandits (Kraitin - Passives - Passives)
92 Points Level 70 Transition to Lowlife

102 Points Level 80

Last edited by Drelentless on Aug 8, 2015, 3:14:59 PM
Why do you get kraitlyn in normal instead of oak

Also what did you do for leveling? Other than using searing bond and increased burning damage...
Last edited by MisterCatnip on Aug 18, 2015, 5:31:59 PM
"
Theemo wrote:
Why do you get kraitlyn in normal instead of oak

Also what did you do for leveling? Other than using searing bond and increased burning damage...

I took kraityn for the ease of leveling during the early stage, since this was on a hardcore setting, and knowing that resist on gears will be difficult to get wearing 6 uniques. You need to survive first and able to transition to the build easily, not worrying about lacking resist. Oak gives you life, this is ES based RF, no reason to take Oak.

I use Incinerate + Flame totem early. Traveling to Templar side of the tree, then Marauder side on level 50s. I used about 15 regrets + those 24 free respec from quest.

This build is great, However, i was dumb enough to actually go for the passive tree instantly resulting in a very slow phase of reaching lvl 69, managed it anyways in about 16h playtime. (i took help of friends to boost me on maps =3. )Anyways, could you show me ur jewels that you are using.
Also, I have absolutly no clue of how you can have enough mana left to cast spells. Reduced mana reserve jewel? Im stuck at 8 mana left after mana reservers. However, i am not using ring/amulet uniques. Are those the reason you got enough mana for spell casting?
Status atm is 4,2k ES, overly caped resists (98-160% in merciless) 5,5k armor (granite 24,4k)
Props for you, this cost me 2,2 isch~ exalted. well worth it. I'll keep an eye out here if i find out something neat for to upgrade this build.

cheers//
NopTotch
@Noptotch you can find the jewel he use in character profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Drelentless/characters and find DRFReborn
@NopTotch, Thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked it :)

To be able to transition to the build within 16hrs is considered very good I believe. I was only able to transition to the build including gathering the gears & gems in 18hrs to be exact or 2 no-life session over the weekend.

Yes. I was able to get enough mana & mana regen to cast Shock nova due to having Dream Fragments ring, it gives 20% increased mana & 50% mana regen. If I can remember correctly, I only have around 26 mana unreserved during transition & I think 28 mana regen/s, so it's already enough to spam the skill. But if you still having trouble with mana, get 1 node of "reduced mana reservation" near Sovereignty Keystone, that would give you 20-25 mana extra unreserved temporarily.

The Jewels that I'm using are:

My character died if you noticed, so you won't probably see any upgrades from me, maybe from other players who tried this build and make it pass 90s. The only change that I made was drop Eye of Chayula & take Unwavering stance. I was about to buy a Shavs, but unfortunately, she didn't make it, died to a Beyond/Temp chains map Bamhet, never new he does chaos dmg or his minions (I'm not sure), I always kill him under 5 seconds before :)

@ShoraShiroKuhaku, thanks for the help-out bro :)

Last edited by Drelentless on Aug 20, 2015, 10:33:39 AM
@Drelentless, Alright, thats a shame your character did not make it. intressting though about unweavering. Im still not sure wether to even get stun immunity or not just yet, feels like stun recovery is doing brilliant atm. I am however thinking of going to the unnatural calm (18% ES 1% max light res) Perhaps i will end out with around 6,5k ES with your jewels when i reached the node. And i will go for those two red mana reserve nodes aswell, since i will be needing them if i am to go LMP fireball with point blank support. Hopefully being melee in packs will shotgun the impacts pretty well. Also thinking of dropping ARM ES boots for pure armor if i ever get my hands on some great boots. I am still carefull with doing maps for the moment being, Dried Lake will do for me in due time untill i get unnatural calm.

(further research, I got to a point were i noticed point blank support only works on attack, I am dissapointed) :<
Last edited by Noptotch89 on Aug 20, 2015, 2:53:28 PM
@NopTotch, good luck with your plan of using fireball or any other skill, but I wouldnt advise it, as it would conflict to Elemental Equilibrium, which basically doubles your damage to bosses. Yes after replacing Eye of Chayula, I was able to get extra 400 es on my new amulet, reaching almost 6k ES with the same gears @lvl87, but I lost that 30 IIR :(

My calculated dps at 6k ES with RF for those interested with just those gears is 22K. With EE + Vaal Discipline + Vaal Light trap + Curse, the build basically deals around 120k dps againts 0 fire resist mobs. That's how synergistic it is. Not so many caster skills can deal that amount with just around 2 exa gear investment.

The real issue here is only how you can master the gameplay style.

Very interesting build.

Was planning something similar. Not getting EE.
114 point build, level 90 I think.

I like getting Solidity but I might drop that later, depends how effective it is.
I get the flask nodes because why not, it's a flask oriented. The belt I have was super cheap and works well until I can find a better upgrade. I would drop the life on it for ES.
Instead of getting Influence I get Leadership, as you can still get the +1% max fire resistance from Purity of Fire, and it saves 1 passive point. You only lose 8% influence of auras.

I've already got a character for it from a free respect, but I don't have the gear I would like.

Testing proof of concept gear.
Spoiler

Broken crown and my gloves are stand-in gear until I can find better. I have a voidbringer but I'm using it on another character. My hope is to get capped chaos resistance if I need to. Getting a shavs would help ...

Onslaught slippers were so close... Yolo exalted T1 movespeed, and mana.... the freakin mana..... <sigh>

I would link my jewels but can't through the forum.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info